Chapter 25

Naina

I check all the message while I'm waiting for the breakfast.
'We are graduating today!🎉'
Aditi messaged on our other group.
'Are you still high?' Sid replies
I just look over the other messages because it's mostly Sid and Aditi fighting and Aarya resolving it.

Then my phone pings again and it's a message from Kabir.

'Hey beautiful,
I'm sorry I can't be there with you today if only it wasn't for the meeting.
Don't be nervous and give your best.
I wanted to see you graduating maybe take a photo with you in that graduation cap.
I hope that I would finish my meeting earlier so that I could reach their on time. All the best! You gonna rock that speech. I Love you.'

'Hey Handsome,
Stop making me feel bad that you can't attend the ceremony.
All the best for meeting, you're gonna bag that deal.
I Love you too.'
I reply back

Our graduation is starts at noon and Kabir's meeting must have started as it was a breakfast meeting.

"Is she blushing?" My father asks my mother
"Maa.."
"Stop teasing her Dheeraj." My mom scolds my dad
"But look at her Anita, she has gone all pink." My dad says
"I'm not hungry." I say and leave the table.
"Naina." My mom calls me back
"Tell him to apologize then only I will come back." I tell her
"Okay I'm sorry. Please don't leave without eating food." My dad says
"Okay." I smile and sit back
"How was it?" I ask my mom and wink at my dad.
My mom laughs and my dad looks in shock back n forth towards me and my mom.
"What? You thought only you can play prank." I show my tongue to him.

After eating breakfast, I go to my room for getting ready and my mom helps me to get ready.

Aditi and the gang will be picking me up.
My parents will come later as we have to be their early.
"You look so lovely." My mom says
I smile.
"I will see you later." I tell my mom as I grab my coat and the cap.
"All the best. Don't be nervous." My mom gives a small kiss on my cheek.

"Ohhh... someone's looking gorgeous." Aditi teases
I roll my eyes at her.
"Thank you. Can we go now." I say while wearing my seatbelt
"Someone's grumpy." Sid whispers from back of the car.

"Thank you, for the compliments." I say to both of them.
"I'm just nervous about the speech and the chief guest." I say
"I'm also curious about the chief guest." Aarya says
"Aah! Stop with the talk, Can you guys believe that we are graduating!" Aditi reminds us again.
"How can we forget when you're are literally saying that since we left my house." Aarya and I laugh at Jai's remark.

We reach college. We are escorted to the auditorium. We are allotted seats. All the students are sitting by alphabetical order.

"Good morning everyone present here. We will start our program in a short while." MC speaks on the mic.
All students are yet to be seated.

I'm waiting for our parents. I see my family, except dad. I wave at them. Aarav noticed first.
"All the best." Aarav says and hugs me.
"Where is dad?" I ask them
"He is parking the car." Mom says from the back
"Okay." I say
"All students please sit on their alloted sits." The Mc accounces
"I'm gonna go. Will see you later." I tell them

Everyone settles and the program starts. The MC speaks about the achievements throughout the year and the progress report.
"Now I would like the request today's chief guest to take a sit on the dice. Today's chief guest is a well know personality in architecture world. He has worked with famous people and also built some famous infrastructure. He is an inspiration of many students here including me, also alumni of our college.
I would like to invite, Mr. Dheeraj Malhotra on the stage." MC finishes
Wait? What? Dad is today's chief guest. I look at Aditi and she already looking at me and she has same expression as of me.
Why didn't he tell me.
"Thank you for inviting me."-Dad's voice echos through the auditorium
- "It's a pleasure to be back here. After so many here. When the dean approached me for being the chief guest I couldn't deny. Seeing so many students graduate today and my daughter being one of them it's a pleasure to be here and to speak. I started my business from the bottom with only five people and now we have team of many people and more joining. I know some students have applied in the company through campus and also got selected congrats to them. This college has given me my identity and I wanted to return to it. Thank you for giving me this opportunity and Congratulations on your graduation." Everyone claps at his speech.

"Thank you sir for your valuable time.
Now I would like to now invite Naina Malhotra for giving us a speech on behalf of all the students." MC says

I take a deep breath and walk towards the stage. I smile at everyone on the dice. My dad gives me a nod. I stand on the podium and once again take a deep breath.

"Good afternoon respected Chief guest, Dean, faculty and everyone present here. Graduates of 20XX Congratulations. I won't be taking your much time. First I would like to thank the dean for giving me the opportunity for speaking today and also our chief guest for giving us time from his busy schedule and giving us an inspiration.
Degree, isn't it what we waited for 2 years, the degree that would decide our future. Saying to our friends I can't wait till the college is over. Now wanting more days so that we can spend more time here. I was also one of them who wanted to finish college early. But now leaving this college, friends who has been my second family, makes me sad. I hope it makes you sad also. From seeing everyone everyday to not seeing eachother, makes me emotional. After this we all will scatter at different places. Some will be doing job, some will be moving abroad and some may be dream of having their own company. College makes us gain experiences and friends for life long. I would like to thank you all for giving me a memory to remember for lifetime and for giving the best two best years of my life. I wish you all a very happy graduation and a wonderful life ahead." I finish my speech.
I hear claps and also a whistle. I'm pretty sure that might be Aditi.

"Thank you Naina, for the wonderful
Speech. Now I would announce every student's name individually and they should come here and collect their degree." MC says

After collecting our degrees, I meet Aditi.
"Babe, we graduated." Aditi says as she sees me and gives me a bone crushing hug. I laugh at her reaction.
"Should we meet our parents?" Aarya asks.
"Sure."
"There is my topper sister." My brother Aarav says as we reach there. I smile at him.
"Congratulations, to all of you." Aditi's mother say.
"Thank you Aunty." I say
"Come on we have to click pictures." Aditi says
Me, Aditi, Aarya and Siddharth click a picture together.
Then me and my siblings. One with my parents.
"Naina I want your single photo." Aditi says
"Why?" I ask her
"Because you're the topper. Go and stand there." Aditi says and points
"Here?" I ask
"Perfect. Now smile."
I give small smile.
"Give me a full grin." Aditi says
"Congratulations." Someone whispers in my right ear.
I look at the person and their he is standing beside me with flowers in his hand.

Vote. Comment.

New Update.
I hope you liked the chapter.
How was the chapter? Let me know your thoughts.
This chapter was difficult to write because of the speech 🙃.
Next chapter will be the continuation but from Kabir's point of view.