Chapter 12

Kabir

So I yesterday I did the stupidest thing that anyone could do.
I proposed Naina on phone to be my girlfriend. I mean some people do propose on phone but seeing there reaction has a special feeling. I don't know how will I propose her. I sigh.

"Hey, buddy where are you lost?"
Jai's voice pulls me from my thoughts.
"Nothing just thinking." I say
"Care to share with me?" he asks
"Umm..." I scratch the back of my and say "I kinda proposed Naina yesterday on phone."
Jai spits the water on me that he was drinking.
"Dude, You just ruined my shirt." I say and rub my shirt with the handkerchief
"You did what?" he ask or just whisper-yell.
"The thing that you just heard." I say
"What did she say?" He asked
"She said no."
"Good, serves you right. You should have ask her when she was in front of you not on phone."
"Well I didn't exactly asked her to be my girlfriend. It's just that It slipped out of my tongue and asked her how my girlfriend was doing." I tell him.
He just stares at me wide eyes.
"Jai." I shake his shoulder
"What am I going to do with you?" He sighs
"I don't know, suggest me something." I ask him
"How can I tell you, you know Naina better than me. Heck, I haven't even met her."
"Ya, I know she also wants to meet you." I say
"I have an idea, Why don't you take her to one of my restaurants and have a roof dinner date?" He asks
"Are you sure?" I ask him
"Yes, why not. Every couple loves rooftop dinner date."
"Umm...Ok. I'm booking the rooftop for Friday evening. Tell your secretary to book it."
"On it boss."
I just hope that Naina loves my plan and Jai's Idea. I swear I would have done nothing without him.

Today is the day where I sign my first big project without Dad and I'm very nervous about it. He would have been so happy. But he and Mom are enjoying their time with Di and her family. Though Dad called me yesterday and told me not worry as this project is starting point of my career as a CEO and he would always be there for me.

My phone buzzed with a message and there instant smile on my face. It was Naina's message wishing me luck for the project.

"All the best for your project signing. I know you will nail this project."

"Thank you for boosting my confidence." I reply

"Sir, Mr. Ahuja has arrived." My secretary calls
"Ask them to wait in the conference room."
I pick my coat and head towards the conference room. We officially sign the project and Mr. Ahuja explains me they believe in me that I'm the perfect guy for this project.

"Finally, my bro has his own project." Jai says and wipes of his imaginary tear.
I roll my eyes at him.
"Stop being so dramatic. Come on let's lunch. I have brought lunch today."
I stopped bringing the lunch after mom had gone to London, and then Naina used to pack me lunch. But after she fell sick I strictly told not to make anything for me for the lunch. During this time Jai was also busy with his work. So after like a month I'm meeting him.
"What happened today?" he asked
"Nothing, Naina forced me to take it with me." I said and he laughed
I served us the lunch and started eating while talking about business with him.
"This food, is really good." he says
"This is made by Naina."
"I can really see, why you're fan of her food." he says and I laugh at his words.
After eating the lunch I have some chat with Jai about the project.
After signing some more files and discussing the project with my colleagues. I go back home.
"Good bye, Sir." my assistant said to me.
"Goodbye, Have a nice weekend." I tell him and smile at him.

I reach my building and then head towards my apartment. I will get freshened up and then will go to Naina's apartment for dinner.
"Broo...I'm home." I yell as I close the door.
I hear some curse.
"Can't you just come home like a normal person. You just scared the hell out of me. No one will say that you're a CEO of a company." he says
"Chill Rishi, I'm just in a good mood." I tell him
"Of course the project. Congratulations, I'm very happy for you." he said happily. I smile at him.

"I will get freshened up then we will go to Naina's home for dinner. So, get your work done fast." I tell him
He just ignores me and gets back to his work.
I take a quick shower and then we head to Naina's home.
I knock the door and Aarav opens it.
He and Rishabh just talk about soe. random shit. I go into the house in search of Naina.
"She's in the kitchen." Aarav says

I go towards the kitchen and see Naina is cooking something.
I go and stand beside her. She is cooking with so much concentration that she doesn't know that I'm standing beside her. After sometime she senses that someone is beside her and she looks at me.
"Hey." she says
"Hi." I said
She removes her baby hair with her hand and the flour is all on her face. She is looking so funny. I just laugh at her and she gives me confuse look
"You look so funny." I tell her
"Wha--Oh." she says as she examine her hand and then again put a hand on her forehead.
"Naina you just made it worse.Here let me help you." I tell her
I wipe her face with a cloth and remove her hair. After wiping her face. I just stare at her face. She has a clean face and her eyes at me. Just I move forward to kiss her I hear Aarav yell at us.
"Hey, love birds if you're done romancing, we're hungry here." he yells
"Always a cock-blocker." I mutter
Naina laughs and hit my shoulder with good hand
"What?" I question her. She shakes her head negatively.
After the dinner is ready. I help her setup the dinner table we all eat the food and to laugh Aarav's silly jokes.

"So, Naina this friday be ready at 8. I'm taking you out for dinner." I say
"Are you telling me or asking me?" she asks with a eyebrow raised.
"Umm..Telling you." I say
"Okay. Do I have wear something fancy?" she asks
"Dress something comfortable." I tell her
"Kabir." She says as she hit my shoulder.
"Do you know what comfortable means for me?" she asks
I shake my head in negative.
"It means a oversized t-shirt and a sweatpants." she says
"Baby, you would look beautiful in that also." I tell her and kiss her side of the head and she melts
"Uhh...you're no help." she tells me
She gets up from the couch.
"Where are you going?" I ask her
"To sleep. Every girl needs her beauty sleep." she tells me
"But tomorrow is saturday." I whine
"So?" She questions as her hand crossed below her chest.
"You can sleep late and I really need my cuddles." I tell her.
I remove her hand from her chest and pull her into my lap. She agrees without any argument.
"Don't you have work tomorrow?" she asks
"I can go late. You know perks of being boss." I tell her.

She just laugh and snuggles in me. We just about random things and I tell about my day and she about her. After not getting answer from her. I see that she has fallen asleep. I scoop her in my arms and move towards her room. I put her down on the bed and then pull her blanket.
I kiss her forehead and mutter a goodnight. I close the door and descend down.

"You're leaving?" Aarav asks
I can tell that he has came out of the kitchen as he has water bottle in his hand
"Yes. What are you doing?" I ask him.
As it is past the midnight.
"Me and Rishabh are playing FIFA." he tells
"Rishabh is still here?" I ask
"Yes. Do you wanna play?" He ask
"Sure why not." I tell him
I follow Aarav to his room. We play some games and Aarav is good component. I enjoyed playing with boys. It reminded me of my college days. Nearly at 3 me and Rishabh go back to our apartment to sleep.

I say goodnight to Rishi and then head towards my room. I look at photo at my night stand and smile. I miss my parents and don't know they are coming.Switching of the lights and pulling of the blanket, sleep engulfs me.
I'm eagerly waiting for Friday.

Hey guys, I hope you like it.
Don't be silent reader vote and comment. I love reading your comments.

Finally my exams are over and I officially completed the first year of my college. Which was frustrating and exciting at the same time. I really enjoyed the first year of my college.

 Have a nice day

Have a nice day.