Chapter 29

It was early in the morning when Naina and Kabir got a call telling them to get ready as the haldi ceremony started at 9. And before that, the Kalire ceremony was also going to happen. "I'm sleepy." Naina says to Kabir as they walk their way to the venue, "Me too, baby." He adds. They reach the venue, and the Choora ceremony has already started.

"Oh, you guys are here." Naina's mom exclaims. Naina's sleepiness is gone as soon as she sees her parents. She hugs them and takes their blessings. "When did you arrive?" She asks them while still hugging her mom. "Early in the morning." Her mother replies. "Namaste Uncle, Namaste Aunty." Kabir greets Naina's parents and takes their blessing.

The Choora ceremony has started. There were aunts sitting around the bride with their dhol and other instruments and singing traditional music. The atmosphere was peaceful and noisy at the same time.

Naina and Kabir went to have their breakfast. "Hello," Jai says as Kabir and Naina take a seat at their table. "Good morning." Kabir greets him as he transfers the croissant to Naina's plate. 'Thank you,' she mouths, taking a bite of croissant. "Where's Aditi?" Naina asks with her eyes, searching for her best friend. "She went to Siddharth's room with breakfast, as he is not allowed to come down,"

Jai explains while digging the food into his plate. Naina nods her head, and they continue to eat their breakfast. "Hi, bestie. Missed you." Aditi comes from Naina's behind and hugs her. "Missed you too; had your breakfast?" Naina asks as she feeds her a piece of bread.

"Ate some out of Sid's plate; not that hungry," Aditi explains and sits beside Jai. "At least drink some juice; you didn't even sleep properly last night," Jai says while giving her his glass. Naina smiles at their interaction, and finally Aditi finds someone who loves her and cares for her.

"You okay?" Kabir asks as he scoots his chair near her. She shakes her head. "I'm just happy for my best friend." She explains, takes a hold of his hand, and kisses it. Kabir smiles at her gesture and does the same. "By the way, Naina, did you meet your parents?" Aditi asks while taking sips of her juice. "Yeah, I met them just after we came here; they went back to their room and will be joining us for the haldi ceremony." She explains.

Aditi's phone rings, and she excuses herself. "I swear, this girl will be directly admitted to the hospital when we land in Mumbai. She has not even had her breakfast." Jai says, takes her juice glass, and goes after her. Kabir just shares a look with Naina and goes back to eating his food. After having their breakfast, Kabir and Naina just go and explore the area.

Naina's phone rings and picks up, and it's Aditi. "Now?" She asks Aditi. She nods as Aditi is talking to her. "Okay, I will be their in like 5 minutes." Naina answers and cuts the call. Kabir raises his eyebrows curiously as she hands him the phone. "They are calling me for the Kalire ceremony. We will have to go." She explains.

Naina and Kabir finish their breakfast and walk to the place where the Kalire ceremony is taking place. They make their way to the garden, where the ceremony is held. "Naina!" Aditi calls her as she spots her. Naina says bye to Kabir, and Kabir gives her a cheeky kiss in return. Kabir goes and sits with Jai.

Aditi and Naina sit with other bridesmaids on the chairs that are arranged for them. Kalire ceremony is where the bride wearing choora and kalire. Where she shakes her kalire on the head of the bridesmaids that are not yet married or are at the age of marriage if the kalire falls on the bridesmaids it's considered that she will be marrying next.

Aditi and Naina are sitting at the end of the other side. Till now none kalire has fallen off on any of the bridesmaids. Now it was Naina's turn even Aditi was saved from the kalire. Aarya shakes her hand on the head of Naina, she has closed her eyes and a kalire falls on her lap. Everyone cheers as the kalire falls on her lap.