Chapter 28

Kabir

Even though Naina told me to sleep on the couch, I slept with her sharing the same bed. I'm going to get an earful tomorrow, but it will be worth it. She was also not leaving me, holding me close to her. Where are you going?" She asks me "You told me to sleep on the couch." I said. "No, sleep with me." She taps the empty space beside her. I settle beside her and adjust her comforter and sleep.

Later in the morning, Naina snuggles beside me. "Can someone close the curtain it's too bright." Naina whines "Get up sleeping beauty it's morning" "Go away, let me sleep, my head is spinning." She whines. "Drink this." I give her a glass of water. "Breakfast will be here soon, get freshen up we will eat together." "What's the time?" She asks as she wakes up. " It's past 9. We have to get ready by 11 for Mehndi." By the time breakfast arrives, Naina has got freshened up. Did you sleep on the couch?" Naina asks while seeing what I ordered. I was expecting that question but not so soon. "I was going to, but you only said to sleep beside me." I explain "and not only you snuggled close to me." I tease further. She blushes hearing this. "Oh, she looks cute while blushing!" I exclaim. "Shut up and come eat the breakfast, I'm hungry." "Ok, madam." "When are your parents coming?" I ask her. I remember her saying that she were going to join us late. "They will be joining us tomorrow for the main function." 

I leave alone Naina to get ready and Aditi also joins her in getting ready. By the time me and Jai enter my room again to ask them if they are ready, Aditi is adjusting Naina's dupatta and pinning it up. "Are you guys ready?" I ask them. "Holy, you scared me." Aditi exclaimed. "Are you okay?" She asked Naina as she was pinning her dupatta. Naina nods in response. "Done." Aditi says as she moves away from Naina. "You're looking gorgeous, baby." Jai compliments Aditi. "You too, bubu." I laughed out loud. Jai glares at me that only sparks my laughter. "Kabir!" Naina warns me. "I'm so sorry, it's just I never took Aditi to say pet names." I say as I try to control my laughter. " Chalo, or else we will be late."

 We arrive at the function and it's a lawn decorated with different flower and floral arrangements. Aarya is sitting in the middle and the mehndi artist is decorating her hands and legs. "Look at her she is looking so gorgeous." Naina says as she is standing beside me. "But I find some else gorgeous." I tell her. "Ow!" She just elbows me, but I know that she is blushing. "Naina come on, aunty is calling us." Aditi tells her. Naina and Aditi are also asked to get their mehendi done. "Do you think Aditi and Naina will write our name on their hand?" Jai asks us Sid joins us for drinks I don't maybe, maybe not, only time will tell." "So dulhe raja, how are you feeling?" I question Sid. "Nervous and excited." Sid tells us." "Can't wait to spend my whole life with her." He grins as he says. "To Aarya and Sid." I toast and they both cheers. 

After all ladies were done with their mehendi the lunch was served. As the bride and her bridesmaids couldn't eat food with their own hands, we boys decided to feed them food. The lunch was private affair as only the family members and close friends were only left other guests had already left to explore the city. "So Aditi tell me whose side are you on? The Groom or the bride?" I asked Aditi as I break the roti to feed Naina. "Both." She answered simply and shrugged her shoulder. "But Aarya is your best friend and Sid your cousin. Shouldn't you be from Sid's side?" I questioned. "Due to me Aarya and Sid met so I'm on Aarya's side." "Aww... I can't hug you but love you." Aarya says from her side. We were all sitting on the same table. "That's not fair, I'm your cousin first." Sid huffed. "Chill, we are from your side." Jai said and I agreed with him. "Let's see who wins." Aditi prompts from her side. "Aarya beta it's getting late, we should get ready for sangeet." Aarya's mom says as she comes near our table. "Okay guys meet you in few hours." She says. "And also, be ready to lose." She adds further and eyes Siddharth. "We should also get ready." Aditi says and we all leave the lawn. 

We enter our room. "I'm so stuffed." Naina says as she jumps on the bed. "Can I nap for some time?" Naina asks. "Sure, the program starts at 7 so we have at least few hours." "Come here" Naina pats the place beside her "take a nap with me." "You sleep, I have to check this report." I tell her. It was true that I had taken holidays for this function. But this work is important, and they want it done till tomorrow. "Okay, at least sit beside me while completing the work." Naina says. I take my laptop and sit beside her. Naina cuddles to my side. I kiss her forehead. The time I complete the report and check it's 5:30.

"Naina, wake up, we have to get ready." "Okay" she answers lazily. "Did you sleep well?" I ask her as she sits leaning to the headboard. "It was nice nap. Did you complete the report?" She asks. "Done and dusted." I tell her. "Good now no work till we go back." Naina orders and snuggles into me. "Come on get up, you have to get ready, it will take time." I tell and tease her I hear her groan, but she gets up anyway. 

We reach the venue just in time. Naina is wearing a sharara dress that coincidentally matches my kurta. "Welcome everyone." The Mc says in the mic. "We will now start with program; Let's welcome our lovely and beautiful couple Aarya and Siddharth." He adds further. Everyone cheers for the couple. Aarya and Sid take their seat on the stage, and everyone claps for them. The parents from both sides do some rituals and exchange gifts. "Now, let's start the program that everyone is waiting for." The MC announces. Please welcome on stage the babies of the Mehra family for their performance. All the baby cousins on Siddharth's side perform a really cute dance. We all cheer for them. Naina is really enjoying the performance. "Look how cute the children are dancing, really cute." Naina says from my beside. After all the people dance from both the sides. There are only 2-3 performances left.

Me, Naina, Aditi and Jai have a special performance for the couple. "Now please welcome the bride and grooms' friends for a special performance." The MC announces. There was complete shock on both of their faces. Me, Naina, Aditi and Jai have been secretly preparing this dance for their sangeet from quite some time. We wanted to show their love story to everyone. Naina and Aditi played their own part. I played the part of Aditi and Jai was playing Siddharth. We showed from the first day they meet, their ups & downs, their relationship and how Siddharth proposed, or they both accidentally proposed each other. At the end of the performance Aarya and Sid came to the stage and group hugged us. "That was so good." Aarya cheered for us. "You guys literally made me cry." She further added. "Hope we did justice to your story." I ask them. "Actually, better version, I would say." Sid replies to my question.

We take back our seats and enjoy the remaining performances. There was also a special performance performed by the groom's and bride's parents. "now for the movement everyone is waiting." The MC says, "Please welcome Araya and Siddharth for their performance." The MC announces. We clap and cheer for them. Their performance was spectacular, I don't know when they even got time to practice all this. After all the performances are over they ask to have dinner.

"All the performances were very good." Naina says while eating. I nod at her. I wipe the sauce near lips and lick it. Naina's eyes widen. "Kabir!" she exclaims in low voice. "What?" I ask her innocently. "What are you guys talking about?" Jai asks as he joins our table. "Nothing serious." Naina speaks immediately. He just stares at us as he knows something is fishy but choose to ignore, Naina's cheeks are slightly flushed. "Where's Aditi?" Naina asks. "Some one stole her from me." He replies sadly. I take a piece of my food and feed it to Naina, she happily eats it. "Guys please spare me this torture; I'm already missing my girlfriend." Jai says. We laugh at his misery.

After dinner we sit and talk about life. Naina is nestled between my legs, and I rest my chin on her shoulders. "How does it feel to beyour last day as bachelor?" Aditi asks no one in particular. Aarya andSiddharth both stare at each other and smile. "A little sad, but also happy as I'm going to marry my soulmate." Aarya answer. Siddharth just looks at her with adoration and much love and kisses her forehead. "Uhh. Chessy answer." Aditi just scoffs. We laugh at her antics.

We talk for some more time; we also share a good laugh reminiscingour old days. "Alright let's call it a night, we have an early start tomorrow,"Siddharth says. "But we just got our me time, after so many days." We all say our goodbyes return to our rooms for a good sleep as tomorrow is going to be a hectic day.

Thanks for reading! Excited to share the latest chapter. 

Your support means everything, so please show some love. Stay tuned for more!