Chapter 16

Naina

When I woke up, I look around the surrounding. I was in my bedroom, tucked in my bed and in the same dress. Kabir must have put me to the bed.
Heat rises to my cheeks when I remember about yesterday. I touch my necklace and a smile automatically comes to my lips.
I check the timing it's 8 in the morning. I get up from my bed and get fresh up. I also decide to take a shower and then go downstairs for making breakfast.

After taking shower and getting ready I head downstairs. I hear noise of people talking and laughing and it is more than from what I usually hear these days. I enter the dining area, I'm shock to see my parents and Kabir's parents sitting there having breakfast.

"Maa?" I say and catch their attention
All the chattering had stopped and their attention turns towards me.
"You woke up?" Maa says
"When did you guys came and why was I not informed?" I ask
I embrace her in hug.
"I missed you so much." I say to her
"I missed all my children." She says and all laugh at the choice of  her words.
"When did you guys came?" I ask her breaking the hug
"Yesterday, I and your father met Kabir's parents at the airport." She says
I move forward greet Kabir's parents and take their blessings.
I also hug my dad and tell him how much I missed him.
I take my seat beside Kabir and smile at him and he just winks.
I take my plate and serve myself as everyone has started the breakfast.
Everyone is talking about business and their upcoming projects.

Kabir slides his hand under the table and keeps it on my right thigh and caresses it. I feel like wearing shorts was a bad idea.
His heat radiates through my whole body. I keep my hand on him to remove it but his held just gets firm.
"Kabir, remove your hand." I whisper
"No" he whispers back
Just as I'm about to kick his foot
"How was your date Naina?" Maa asks
"My what?" I asked shockingly as they didn't know about it.
"Your date the one you had with Kabir yesterday." She explains
I glare at Kabir and he is just smiling and mouths 'they know.'
"We saw you both coming yesterday." She says
"Umm.." God! What am I gonna say.
Now all the eyes where on me.
Even Dad was looking with curiosity.
"It was good, We had fun." I answer to her question
"Did he asked you to be his girlfriend?" Aarav asks
I control my urge to roll my eyes at his question, why does he have to ask this.
Kabir laughs at my misery.
"Yes, he asked." I say
"Naina di, your locket is so cute." Anaya says
"When did you buy?" Mom asks
"Actually aunty, I gave it to her, yesterday." Kabir beats me at the answer
"Well, I must say it is beautiful, because it's the first time I'm seeing her wearing her some other jewellery apart from her earrings." Dad says
"Dad." I groan at him.
"What it's true." He states.
No one asks any further questions, everyone simply enjoys the breakfast.

After having breakfast, I take the plates and other crockery to kitchen.
I wash all the plates and utensils and keep them in the rack to dry them.
As I wipe my hands to the towel, I feel a hand sliding to waist and pull me closer to it's chest. I became stiff at the sudden contact but relax at the fragrance of his colonge.

"Hi." Kabir says as he tightened his hold around my waist.
"Kabir! what are you doing here?" I ask him try to loosen his hold
"Trying to romance my girlfriend but she is not letting me." He whines
"My girlfriend, it feels so good to say that." He further adds and a heat travels from my neck to the cheeks.
"Yes, because anyone can enter the kitchen anytime." I add and ignore his comment about the girlfriend one.
He just ignores my pleads and tighten his hold and kisses my cheeks.
I smile at his gesture. Sometimes Kabir can be really loving.
I place my hand above his and we both just stay there.
"Kabir, leave me please, someone will come." I plead again
"Fine, you're no fun." He huffs and leaves me, stand few steps backward wraps his arms around his chest and pouts.
I laugh at his antics.
I move towards him and peck his pout.