Chapter 44

Viren Khanna

It's been three months since Akruti's return. Everyone was so pleased that they were determined to throw a party for her return. But Akruti being Akruti decided not to have any fun for her rather for the newly engaged couple. After her return, only the whole family is alive again. It's like she's the oxygen of everyone's life. 

The wedding of Sahil and Preeti was a fun affair. Almost everyone enjoyed the wedding to the fullest. During all the pre-rituals I saw my Pari, looking absolutely like a Pari. I still remember our cute romantic moments and stupid banter during the wedding.

I saw My Pari, looking like a goddess in her white color netted lehenga which had floral motifs works near her waist region which matched with her off-shoulder blouse. Her lehenga had a white border with golden dots on them. A little above them repeated the same floral motif. Her dupatta was also a netted one which had sequins on them to enhance the beauty of the dress. 

Her hair tied in a low bun with few loose strands of her hair framing her face. And jasmine flowers supporting her bun. She had kept her make up minimum, but still, she was looking like an angel. I wore a white kurta and pajama with a printed jacket. We both wore the matching outfit. 

The moment her round eyes which were painted with kajal and mascara met mine, she started blushing like red sauce ketchup. I chuckled at my comparison. 

Then all the wedding rituals started. I truly missed my parents that day. How happy they would been to see their daughter getting married. I felt a hand wrapping around my hand. I turned to see Pari, looking me with tears in her eyes. I immediately wiped those tears. 

"Hey...don't cry..you're not the reason for the loss", saying this I patted the girl in my arms who was crying. I looked round to see Sharav standing there guilt in his face, looking at nothing in particular. Maybe he was thinking the same as Pari. 

I must say these two had grown so close to each other. Always having some siblings fight with Sahil teaming with Sharav. These three became the heart of the Arora's. My thoughts were broken when she hugged me even more. 

I just smiled in response. The wedding rituals started and I saw my baby sister getting married. I felt someone wiping my tears away. That's when I realized that I have been crying. 

"Don't worry. Sahil will take good care of her. If he doesn't he should face me", Akruti told me in seriousness. I chuckled lightly and kissed her forehead. 

"Yeah!! I know you would", I replied to her, when she gave me her breathtaking smile. A smile that I could do anything to endure on her face. All the rituals got over and my sister was officially Mrs. Preeti Sahil Arora, not Ms. Preeti Khanna. I sighed heavily at that thought. 

Next was the ritual of stealing the shoes of my brother-in-law. Daksh and I had already stolen them, the moment Sahil removed them and went up to the stage. Sharav became a traitor he joined the groom's side claiming that he's Sahil's brother.  

I saw Sahil, searching for his shoes and Daksh snickered beside me. "Are you searching for this Jijaji ( Brother-in-law)", Daksh questioned him with an over sweet tone. All others laughed at him.

"Okay tell me what should I do?", Sahil asked us. We both just went near and said, "Just take care of our sister, if we ever come to know that the reason behind her sad tears are you, make sure you dig a grave for yourself.".

Saying this we threatened him. Sahil gulped audibly. "Okay now give us ten lakhs as a cheque", Daksh demanded. I just shook my head. Sahil was about to answer when I heard my Pari speaking and Nila reaching with her grinning.