Chapter 4

Viren Khanna

"I'm accompanying you to the office today".

I heard my dadu say.

"Why??" I asked raising my eyebrows at him.

"Just like that ", saying he shrugged his shoulders.

"Are you coming to the office because of what you said in the morning?" I asked narrowing my eyes at him. '

This man, I thought to myself.

He nodded his head grinning ear to ear, whilst my grandma and sister looked confused with our talks.

Sighing I explained the morning incidents to them. After hearing they started supporting my grandpa. 'These three...argh' I thought.

"See I told you that you'll be sulking like a kid," says this my dadu started laughing and he was joined by my sister and dadi.

"Nothing sort of that will happen...so stop your enjoyment" announcing this I got up from my seat, kissing my dadi's and sister's forehead.

"That we'll see" replied the three. I groaned hearing their answer.

"Okay dadu let's get going"

"Yup let's move from your dadi"

"Go for now....but we do have some serious talks pending old man," said my dad.

Chuckling my sister went towards her car BMW X5 to reach her college. She's doing final her in interior design. She's excellent at her, works not like other spoiled brats who don't respect others just because they're rich. My grandparents have instilled good values in us even in the absence of our parents.

Whatever I'm today it's because of them. These three are my life, I can do anything to protect them. My thoughts were interrupted by my grandpa,

"What? Are you gonna stand here for the whole day?"

"No old man let's get going", and we reached my selenite grey color Mercedes-Benz S-Coupe. I was about to open the driver's seat when I heard my grandpa say something,

"I wanna drive the car"

"no I'm not gonna make you do it....you are old..and driving at this age is not good for you", I replied and he pouted.

'Really pouting' I chuckled.

" I'm just 79. Vee...others in my age are not doing anything but I'm here all fit and fine, willing to do something, still, you don't even allow me to do...you're so bad....let my grand-daughter - in-law come....we both will go driving leaving you and that old woman. And yea I'll take Preeti with us...it'll be so fun" saying this he headed towards the passenger seat.

"Listen, old man, I ain't getting you any daughter-in-law...and don't pull any stunts in the office. That Idiot will also be there...so both of you behave yourselves." Saying this I bought the car to life.

"Just pause for now young man. You yourself will bring our daughter-in-law....and did you say he's coming...then I'm going to have fun", replied my dadu like a child excited to get his favorite candies.

"We'll see", we both retorted at the same time and laughed out loud. My grandpa is a cool one, same with my grandma...they're the coolest grandparents anyone could wish for.

While driving towards our company, my dadu opened his iPhone 11 and played some music on the radio.

'Guys, not any Hindi song...ENGLISH songs....he's too modern for his age'

He played ' Rum n tequila' by John K, and he's lip-syncing too. 'how am I gonna handle him' I thought to myself.

"Don't stress yourself too much...I'll just do my work there and I won't annoy you. I swear" he said and continued singing. Shaking my head at his words we entered our company 'Khannas Inc.'

We entered the building and I changed my demeanor to cold and arrogant one. Every staff of mine greeted me with a smile on their face whilst I just gave them a curt nod.

"Can't reply a good morning also...what an idiot you are", I heard my dadu say while entering the lift. I didn't reply to him because we'll start our bickering. We reached the top floor of the building which is reserved as my space.

I'm the CEO of the company whilst my cool dadu is the Chairman. Even though I started this company I wanted my dadu to be the chairman because he worked hard to give us shelter when we were doomed.

We entered my cabin and soon I was greeted by a bear-hug, and that idiot kissed my cheek,

"What the fuck Daksh Chopra?" I shouted at him.

The idiot I mentioned was Daksh Chopra, my one of my best friend and childhood friend.

"This is how you greet your best friend Bro?? " he asked and battled his eyelashes innocently.

"Daksh?", he heard my dadu call him.

"Hey buddy" he shoved me aside and went to hug him. They both greeted each other like those who meet each other after ages.

"Enough of this greetings and meetings can we get back to work..now?" saying this I went and sat on my chair, while they both huffed in response.

"Ok, bro, the interview for your personal assistance post will be on Monday...that is the day after tomorrow? You ready to interview them?" asked Daksh while I nodded my head in response.

"Why? What happened to the old PA...she was good loo...I mean good at work tho", I glared at my dadu, daring him to complete it, seeing my glare, he changed the word immediately.

"Apparently she was good at work buddy....but she was throwing herself on your grandson on the day...he just blasted at her like a cracker and fired her" replied Daksh for me.

"What girls these days....leave that....what work do we have now?" My dadu asked him.

"Well we have a meeting with 'HK Corps' at 4 in the evening....it's about the deal we're trying to crack between them...I tell you, buddy, those people are annoying us to death" said Daksh, and I nodded my head.

"They want 65% of the profit from the outcome of the deal and us to have 35% when we're investing more than them in the project," I said.

"How can they do that? Leave it to me...I'll handle it today" said my dadu whilst Daksh and I nodded our head in consent. Till evening we completed the other works. We even grabbed some small deals which are beneficial for our company.

Around 3.45 my temporary PA informed us on the arrival of the 'HK Corps' we headed towards the meeting room.

------------------

Your response to the chapter...

if you liked it...do vote, comment, and share...