Chapter 9

Double update ✨

_____________________

Akruti Arora

Sunday went just like that spending time indoors and reading romance books. The dream kept on haunting me. I felt it was real. But I ignored it. The other thing that kept disturbing me was the mystery man. Gosh, why do I think about him?

' Okay now stop all this and get ready for your interview Akru ', my mind remained me. 

I glanced at the clock and saw the time. It was freaking at 7.30. I hate my alarm, why the hell didn't it ring. I slapped my forehead on realizing my mistake. My phone was switched off. Shit, the worst day is Monday precisely today.  Knowing that I was getting late, I rushed towards my bathroom to do my morning chores. 

After completing all the things in 10 minutes. yes within 10 minutes I did my morning chores. Coming out of the bathroom, I applied cocoa-flavored body lotion. I dressed in a Black Shirt pairing it with beige formal trousers. I don't really doll up myself, so I just applied some lip gloss to my naturally pink lips, kajal and mascara to my eyes. I tied my hair in a french twist ponytail and wore my black low wedge shoes and headed down. 

I again glanced at the clock and it showed 8.10. ' Shit I'm gonna be late..god help me.' I mentally prayed myself. I rushed towards the dining room and made a plate for myself and started stuffing my mouth with kulcha and chole bhature...my favorites. I can't even eat them in peace. I sighed and again started stuffing. My family made their presence in the dining hall.

" Eat slowly Akru...do not choke yourself to death ...and that too by food" my brother teased me. My dad playfully hit the back of his head.

 "stop teasing her...Kiddo eat slowly...you still have time", I heard my dad say.

"If you have woken up early...you wouldn't rush things like this", my mom taunted me. 

" Well...my mobile was switched off I guess?"

"Guess?? I doubt that. " respond to my mom.

 "Okay okay I  surrender", saying this I raised both my hands. 

" leave my poor child alone. let her eat peacefully", My grandpa patted my head lovingly. In reply, I gave him a toothy smile and completed my breakfast in peace. 

"And yeah Sahil will drop you today," my mom said, both my brother and I whined. 

"You're running out late so no discussion on this topic," said my grandma, and other elders nodded their heads in approval. 

After getting a blessing from my grandparents and parents, I headed towards my brother's BMW 7 Series car. I gave a sad look to my black Audi Q5.

' Traitor family..don't worry baby I'll drive you tomorrow', I thought myself.

"If you didn't rush that day while driving, we would have permitted you to drive now even if you're running late. It's okay let's get going" replied my brother.

See my protective family, while I was in the second year of college I got the news that my dadu was serious and admitted in the hospital. On hearing this I rushed from my college while driving the car at full speed. And boom I got myself into an accident. I was injured so badly that even the doctor told my possibility of surviving is less. But I fought the odd and survived but I slipped into a coma for 2 months and hospitalized for 1 month. In total, I was there in the hospital for 3 months.  So from that day, they don't allow me to drive my car when I'm late for something. 

"Hurry up Ms.Arora, It's already 8.45 and I need to attend a guest lecture too", my brother shouted.

'Shit. me and my zoning out habit', I slapped my forehead. 

While going to the company I got so many calls from my family, I meant the remaining strength living in Delhi. They wished me luck for my interview and even to find the mystery man. ' Seriously' I thought. My brother even told me that if anyone misbehaved with me just give him a call so that he can come and beat the hell out of that person. Brother's love. 

'Wow,' that's what came from my mouth as soon as I saw the building. Bidding bye to my brother I entered the office building. I greeted the receptionist politely and asked the place for the interview. She greeted me back in the same way I did and showed me the way to the CEO's office located on the 25th floor.

 'Why can't they have their office on the 1st floor or something' I thought myself. It was 9.10 when I reached the floor.  All the people there were dressed elegantly but some in a salacious way.

'Yuck'

'Oh god, how can the girls dress like this. Upon that they have dolled up their face. Are they here for an interview or what? ' 

One girl was dressed in Long green Kurti with white leggings and has braided her hair. And she was looking beautiful. Simple and Sweet. The seat next to her was vacant so I sat next to her. She looked at me smiled and in return, she smiled back. 'how sweet she is'.

"Hi. I'm Nila. " She introduced herself and held her hand for a shake.

"I'm Akruti ", I replied and shook my hand with her. Different names, and it's cute too. 

'Is she south Indian? Shall I ask or not. No need you just shut your mouth that's more than enough' mocked my conscious. 

"Are you South Indian??" I heard myself asking her. 'There you go' taunted my conscious.

"Yes, I'm. From Tamil Nadu and you??"

"Native Punjab, but my family lives in Delhi since I wanted to work, quarter strength shifted with me to Mumbai. What about you?", I replied in one go. I'm actually introverted with new people but with her, I felt an instant connection, so I kept on rambling opening my extrovert self to her.

"I don't have anyone. I'm an orphan. I did my Under-graduation in Coimbatore, the place where I was born. Then did my MBA in Mumbai and so here I'm" she replied smiling. Hearing her reply my heart sank. 'Orphan'. I dreaded at that word.

"No, you're not orphan. I'm your best friend from now on and also a sister to you. So my family becomes your family. So don't ever say that you're an orphan", I replied back to her in a stern voice and I was kinda shocked with my behavior. I think I scared the poor girl

'Well yes you did.', mocked my conscious. 

"Thanks for saying that. I'm so happy" she replied and hugged me. Grinning I hugged her back. Then we heard an old man calling out the candidates' names.

'Huh, when did the man enter his office' I thought and shared a look with Nila, well she too has the same look as mine.

"Did you see anyone entering the office", Nila asked me. "no" was my reply.

We waited for hours. More than 50 candidates applied for the job. I thought it would take so much time interviewing everyone. Boy, I was wrong!! Each and every single girl went inside they returned back within 15 seconds.

"GET OUT", We heard the CEO shout and a girl came cursing while wiping her tears and her whole was a mess. Bro, I guess the plan she made of seducing the CEO backfired. I and Nila spared a look and burst out laughing. The girl glared at us, but we cared less.

"Ms.Nila, next" we heard the old man say. She hugged me and went inside.

"All the best", I wished her. And prayed for her.

Hope he doesn't shout at her.

-------------------

I know I'm dragging a bit. I'm sorry for that guys...So how was the chapter...Thoughts on the chapter??

So if you're on Instagram do follow me out there too...

_tales_writer_ this is my id.

Do vote, comment, and share...