Chapter 46

Surprise ✨

Akruti Arora

Life has been blissful after my birthday. I never knew being in love with someone will cause you immense pleasure. After the proposal act, everyone teased me to death with the mystery man stuff. How would I know that it was Viren? I just saw his outline that day. For many days we went on numerous dates to compensate for the days we missed. 

Each day we'll surprise the other with small gifts. Some times its miniatures or some times picture frames of each other. Sitting in front of the vanity table, I just smiled looking at my reflection. I'm literally flying today because Viren and I are going to take the first step towards our relationship. 

Today is our roka. Now I'm sitting in front of the vanity table and doing last-minute touch-ups. Already my cousins and Nila told me that Viren's family is downstairs and the groom is impatiently waiting for me. I giggled imagining the look on his face. He tried face timing me, but I declined the call wanting to tease him to the fullest. 

My cousins and Nila had come to take me down. Sahil and Sharav have already teased me to death this morning. I heard people talking while I was walking with my eyes downcast. I was feeling very shy, I even felt my cheeks turning red, but suddenly everyone grew quiet making me anxious. Till now, I didn't have any nervousness, but this silence is freaking me out. Is something wrong with my dress?

I found myself checking my dress. Nothing was wrong with the dress. I was dressed in a golden color Patiala suit since Mr. Hoity- Toity requested me to wear. It was embroidered and stone works. I'd also wore a diamond jewel with emerald stones in tear shape which was gifted by my Dadi. I had let my hair loose this time. Confused I looked up to see everyone staring at me. 

(Picture credits - Pinterest)

But I couldn't focus on others when I saw My Man, yes My Man!! Sitting on the couch looking handsome as ever. Dressed in crisped Prussian blue shirt and black pants he kept gazing at me with a smile never leaving his lips. I felt a whole zoo running inside my tummy. My cheeks were probably too red. Our eye contact was broken I felt someone nudging me. I turned my head to the left to look Nila giving me a teasing look.

 I turned my head to the left to look Nila giving me a teasing look