Chapter 50

Double update ✨

Akruti Arora

Today was our Haldi ceremony. There will be separate Haldi for both groom and bride at their own places. But here, my groom didn't want to happen in that way. He went on protesting and also he held a hunger strike. Sometimes he makes me wonder whether it was the same guy I met a year ago or some doppelgänger of him. But my brothers and Daksh assured me it was the same guy I'm in love with.

I was getting myself dressed in Mustard yellow color lehenga with mirror work embellished hem & sequin work waistband. It was paired with a hand-embroidered blouse & organza dupatta. The blouse had a V-neck line and the sleeve was of full length. The lehenga has disc & cutdana tassel tie-up. 

(Picture credits - Pinterest)

I had tied my hair my crisscross hairstyle and Nila made me wear a floral tiara. My accessories for today was full of floral jewels. After adorning myself with those jewels I was led down to the front yard of my home. The decors were totally in a yellow and white theme. 

There were two separate ottomans for Viren and me. Viren was already sitting there looking handsome in his dress. He was dressed in mustard yellow kurta which was an asymmetrical bottom and side neckline where the buttons were in black color. He paired it with cream color trouser. His jaw was hitting the ground the moment he saw me, which made me blush. 

(Picture credits - Pinterest)

Then I saw made near to sit beside him and the Haldi ceremony started. His dadi started for him, while my mom started it for me. Then the elders one by one did for both of us. At the end of the elders around, we both were practically drenched in Haldi. 

Then came my brothers. Both of them scooped a handful of Haldi and applied on my face. Preeti did the same to Viren. Then Nila and Daksh did the most wonderful thing. Please note the sarcasm in my voice. She took a bucket of water which was mixed along with Haldi and dumped it on us.