Chapter 18

Akruti Arora

It was certainly an awfully long week. We had back to back meetings with all the investors, suppliers, with event management people. But what astonished me was, that my family has signed a contract with the company I work for. I was totally stunned when I saw the meeting schedules. My family plans on signing a contract with the company I work and never bothered to mention to me. How great!!

When my uncles entered our meeting room, I greeted them in a cold manner and continued to glare at them during the whole meeting. I talked with them whenever it was essential, else I kept my mouth shut. They left our office premises after signing the contract. I was pretty mad at them. I avoided them even at home. They pleaded me to forgive them, but I forgave them on one condition,

'You guys will keep on updating me about the company'.

Hearing this they heaved a huge sigh of relief. Nila mostly stayed in my home this week since my full family was together. All my family members liked her. It was pretty good that the relationship between her and my family has improved very well. I felt happy about it. 

But the one thing that makes me angry is the relationship I share with my boss. I don't know what's the problem with him. He's being so mean to me. Always treating me in a cold manner. Gives me loads and loads of work with short deadline periods. Sometimes I wish I could break his head with a bat. Always yelling at me. God knows what the hell did I do to him. 

On the other hand, the relationship I share with my boss' grandfather, and his best friend is wonderful. They're not like Mr.Hoity-Toity. I wish I could just call him by this name on his face. Since he's my boss I couldn't try anything like that.

I had great times with Mr.Chopra and Mr.Senior Khanna during breaks. They both are so fun to hang out. It's like I have heard the voices before. I just shrugged my feelings on that. 

It was finally a weekend evening. I was about to leave my cabin when the telephone in my cabin began to ring. I attended the call.

"Hello. This is Khannas Inc. How can I help you?" , I asked the one on the line. 

"Um... may I know who am I speaking?", I heard the voice say. It was a male's voice tho. 

"It's Ms.Arora speaking. PA of Mr. Khanna." 

"Can you connect my call to Viren." I heard him say. 

"May I know your name, sir?"

"It's Sharav Ahuja speaking."

"Just a moment sir. Hold on."

"Yeah, sure."

I instantly called my boss. And he picked it on the first ring itself.

"Mr.Khanna speaking here."

"Good evening sir. It's Ms.Arora here. I have been requested to connect a call to you", I said.

"Who is it? At this hour?", he queried me.

"Sir, it's someone named Sharav Ahuja. "

"Connect the call Ms.Arora. And come to my cabin after connecting the call."

"Yes sir.", saying this I disconnected the call and connected Mr.Ahuja's call to him. Picking up my stuff I headed towards the idiot's cabin and also sent a text to Nila. I was about to knock the door when I saw Mr. Chopra coming out of the cabin.

"Bha...I mean Ms.Arora you still here? I thought your working hours were over." He questioned me. He always with the word 'Bha' and then immediately change it. It's so weird

"Yes sir my working hours are over, but a call came and I had to connect it to Mr.Khanna. And also he called me for work I guess.", I replied.

"This guy is no fun. It's a weekend for heaven's sake. This guy works 24/7 and also makes his employees do the same. I pity that your his PA", he said, while I just smiled in response.

"I think you better get going. Else that dullard might yell at you", I chuckled at his choice of words.

"Yea. Have a good weekend sir.", I wished him.

"I hope I could say the same thing to you. But the one with whom you're working might not approve that." , Grinning at me, he left the place. I entered my boss's cabin. The scene in front of me left me awestruck. There my boss was laughing wholeheartedly not caring about the world. 

The laugh was so pure. There's no trace of arrogant attitude. Had I met in different situations and not with this arrogant attitude, I would've surely fallen in love with him. He's so unusual when he's with his grandpa and his friend. The care and love he shares with them are enough to prove that he's not arrogant. It's a very rare thing that I'm fortunate enough to witness.  

But still, he's arrogant to me. He motioned me to occupy one of the seats. 

"I'm waiting to see you too. And yeah she'll be happy too", saying this he cut the call and started speaking. 

"Ms.Arora you do know that few people from Paris are willing to make a deal with us, don't you", I nodded my head. He continued.

"So we might be going to Paris the next month to finalize the deal. I'm informing you beforehand so that you can make yourself ready. And one more thing they'll be emailing us the terms and conditions. I might need a hard copy of that. So be ready with that too." He continued speaking but I heard nothing after hearing the word 'next month'.

'What the hell? Next month is Tara's wedding. What am I gonna do?', and my thoughts were broken when I heard Mr.Hoity-Toity calling me. 

"Ms.Arora do you understand?"

"Yes Sir. And Sir I have a question."

"Yes please"

"Sir when's the date we'll be going there?"

"I think on the 20th of next month. Why are you asking about this??"

No...no...damn its the next day of Tara's marriage. Shit, then I'll have to leave from Delhi itself. I need to pack many things too. Marriage stuffs, then these trips stuff...it's gonna be a hectic day.

"Ms.Arora I asked you one question. Will you answer that?", he asked me in a sarcastic way.

"Nothing sir. The day before is my cousin's marriage, so I'll be in Delhi. So I was planning according to the plan sir.", I replied to him.

"Okay. But make sure you arrive in Paris for the meeting."

"Yes Sir."

"And Ms.Arora, next week the people from the company will be coming here to have a meeting. It's like inspecting both our companies abilities. So make sure you book the best hotel for them. That's all, you can leave now".

Nodding my head, I left his cabin after thanking him. Well, it's gonna be a very long weekend night. After reaching the reception lobby, I saw Nila waiting for me. "Come let's get going", saying this we headed towards my car.  Plopping ourselves in our seats, Nila opened her mobile to play some songs.

But my thoughts kept drifting about some certain black eyes. 

--------------------

Say something about the chapter...

Please do vote, comment, and share....