28

I'm shaken awake briskly by Urie. I seem to have fallen asleep on the couch. Shirazu stands behind Urie.
"We're being put on support for the Nutcracker case." He tells me, crossing his arms. I rub my eyes and sit up.

"Where did you go today?" I ask him, he looks away.
"Headquarters." He responds simply.
"Did you hapoen to hear whos leading the case?" I ask him as i stand up, straightening out my dress.
"Suzuya squad. They're coming to the 20th ward to cooperate with us." He says.
I heart leaps, Urie seems to notics the change of expression on my face.
"Do you know them?" He inquires.
Before i can respond, Mutsuki enters the room.
"Guys.. Saiko is here.." He says simply. We all look at each other, i get to my feet.
We all silently make our way to her room, standing outside her door.
"Saiko?! You're here arent you?!" Shirazu yells through the door.
"Open up!" Urie yells.
I reach forward and knock gently. We all wait, to no response.
Suddenly Urie and Shirazu use their kagunes to break down the door, forcing themselves in.
Me and Mutsuki share a look.

***

"Where is Saiko?" Haise asks us as we collect at the front door. Today we're meeting with Suzuya squad to share knowledge on the Nutcracker case. I can barely hold myself together waiting to see his face again.
"Yeah? Where is she?" I asked, a tinge of annoyance ringing through my voice. Haise looks at me, setting a hand on my shoulder to calm me down.
"We're going to be late.. So how about leaving for now?" Haise says simply, squeezing my shoulder and pulling away.

"Fuck.. Just go ahead! Ill wake her up!" Shirazu says, running back into the hall.

***

We walk into the room, i scan for juuzou but am only meet with a man with long black hair. What im assuming is the rest of his squad, stands from the table.
"Sorry we're late!" Haise says to the man. I cling onto Haises sleeve, looking at him. Haise gives me a look of sympathy.
"I have been waiting for you." The man says. He introduces himself as the man Abara Hanbee. It clicks in my brain, this is the man Juuzou spends his time with. I pull at Haise's sleeve, looking at him expectantly. He smiles and looks back at Hanbee.
"Where is Juuzou?" He asks him. Hanbee looks at me then back at Haise.
"Senpai overslept.. Because he is still growing." He responds.

***

Hanbee tells us what they know about the nutcracker case. Turns out this ghoul is linked with the madams, the ones linked to Juuzou's past.

I hear the door swing open, and in walks Juuzou. His squad rises and bows to him, welcoming him. I get to my feet quickly, and so does Haise.
Juuzou's eyes immediately make contact with mine, and he rushes to me, enveloping me in a hug. I squeeze him tightly, breathing in deeply. He shoves his face into my neck, i can feel his smile against my skin.
"It's been too long Makiko!" He tells me, pulling away. He grabs my face and squishes my cheeks, laughing happily.

"Juuzou!" Haise says, lifting his arms for a hug as well. Juuzou seems him and i step aside, letting Juuzou pass. Haise watches as Juuzou plunges his hands into Haise's pockets, pulling out fistfulls of candy. I give Haise a look of dissapointment, he returns a smile.
Juuzou takes his seat beside Abara, laying the candy on the table and picks out a plain lollipop, offering it to me. I take it gratefully, returning to my seat.
"Senpai.. The meeting has finished without a problem." Hanbee tells Juuzou.
"Please give a summary explanation.. But before that.." Juuzou glances at the door.

The door is kicked open by Shirazu, who is carrying Saiko on his back. I bring my hand to my mouth in surprise.
"Sorry we're so late!" Shirazu says, his breathing labored.
"Please explain after they've sat down." Juuzou says to Hanbee, leaning back in his chair as he unwraps a small hard candy.
They sit in vacant seats, and Hanbee runs over the main points again.

Once the meeting is completely over, we opt to go into and undercover investigation. The ghoul known as nutcracker, has already been identified, but is being let free to roam in order to lead to a bigger fish.
The madams.

"We will go undercover as a group of people having a casual lunch. Suzuya squad will standby."

"I think Shiranui Makiko should stay behind with our squad as to not draw too much attention with a large group of people." Juuzou says, letting his eyes roam over to me. My face flushes a bit.

Haise looks at me then at Juuzou, nodding in agreement.
"What the hell i want to stay behind.." Saiko says, slightly annoyed.
"Q squad minus Miss Shiranui, lets head out." Haise says, standing up. The five of them walk out, leaving me alone with Juuzou and his squad.
I turn and look at them, all their eyes are trained on me.
"Uh.. Uhm.. Hello." I say nervously. Juuzou gets to his feet and walks over to the back of my chair, reaching around and holding my head in his hands.
"This is my girl. The one i've been telling you guys about!" He announces. My face flushes a bit and i quickly standing up, bowing to them.
"N-nice to meet you. Thank you for taking care of him for me!" I say gratefully. I feel Juuzou's hand run up my back and to my shoulder. I glance up and see them all kneeling, their hands oved their hearts.
"No. It is our pleasure to meet you finally." A man with blonde hair says. I open my mouth to speak,

"Deputy Squad leader Keijin Nakarai, Miss." He says. 
Miyuki Mikage and Mizurou Tamaki introduce themselves to me.  I look at Juuzou, a smirk on his face.
"P-please raise your heads! I dont deserve all.. This." I tell them. They stand up, each of them in a long black coat with a sleeve with the roman numerals XIII stitched on in red.
"They're my squad. Hand picked by me." Juuzou says, sitting in the seat where i was before.
"We are in love with the person Juuzou calls his sweetheart. We feel like we know you already." Hanbee says, looking at me. My face immediately gets hot and I look at Juuzou. He pats his lap, looking at me expectantly.
"Juuzou.. We're at work-" he cuts me off by pulling me onto his lap, wrapping his arms around my waist.
"Don't be shy.. I haven't seen you in so long.." He says, using his leg to spin the chair a bit. I finally give in, leaning against him. He hums happily, waving his hand at the squad.
"You know what time it is~!" He sings, the one named Miyuki nods and rushes out. The rest busy themselves with cleaning up the papers scattered during the meeting.
"Do you really call me your sweetheart?" I ask him. His mouth twitches a bit.
"Well you weren't supposed to know that." He says passive aggresively.
"My apologies senpai." Hanbee says, sliding the papers into a manilla folder.
"Sorry i haven't been messaging you.. We've been so busy. Although.. I found out we were going to be working with you a week ago. I felt like if i messaged you i would spoil the surprise." He says, rocking the chair back and forth. I sigh deeply and flick his forhead in annoyance. He looks at me, surprised.
"I thought you were going to break up with me or something! You had me scared!!" I yelled at him, he laughs and sits up straight, holding me close to his body.
"I would never get rid of my favorite sweet! Im not going to throw away candy like you!" He teases. I slide off his lap and put my hands on my hips defiantly.
"Well? What are you going to do to make up for it?" I tease back, looking at him.
He raises his hand to his chin, feigning deep thought.
"Well what does my sweet want me to do?" He asks. He looks at Hanbee.
"What do you think she wants?" He questions his squad.
"Maybe a nice lunch date." Hanbee suggests.
"Maybe she wants a new piece of jewelery?" The one named Keijin suggests.
"Perhaps senpai can figure it out on his own?" Mizurou says.
I look at all of them then back at Juuzou.
"None of those sound right! No no my sweet won't settle for this!" He announces, getting up.
Miyuki walks in, an egg pudding standing firmly on a plate. Juuzou's eyes immediately move to the dessert, then i see something pop into his head.
"Do you want my 12:00 snack?" He asks me. I hear his squad gasp. Miyuki places it infront of Juuzou.

Juuzou is offering me his food? His food? This is the ultimate kindness that i cannot refuse.
I sit in a vacant seat, looking at juuzou. He grabs the spoon from Miyuki and scoops into the pudding, holding the bite out to me.
"I know you want it~" he says. I lean forward and slowly take the spoon into my mouth.
I see Juuzou smile and pull the spoon from my mouth.
"There you go! Are you still mad at me?" He asks, sitting back down.
I swallow and laugh, brushing a hand through my hair.
"I can't stay mad at you.. You of all people know that!" I tell him, giggling a bit.