15

Juuzou looked at me then shook his head.
" they'll let us know soon...." I said shakily. I was worried. I was really worried. What if I lose my job at the CCG? I won't be protected under their watch, I won't have any money..
Juuzou suddenly snaps in my face. I jump back, startled.
I look up to see that the doctor had entered the room during my Trance.

" Miss Shiranui.. we need to do some X-rays.. " the doctor says, tapping his clipboard against his leg.
"O-okay... " is all I can say.
Juuzou pushes his hands into his pockets, looking away. The docotr walks over, unplugging the monitor.
  "We will be going now. We can't have you up and walking around yet until we are sure that you are fine. " he says as he gently lays the cord on the bed. I glance at juuzou, who seems calm.

The doctor pushes the bed out of the room and down the hall, towards what I'm assuming are the X-ray rooms. Juuzou is walking right beside the bed, one of his hands on the rail.

***
The doctor has put me in this... cloak thing. It is supposed to protect me from radiation. He tells me to stand still as the man in the window takes the x-ray. He quickly calls Juuzou into the room, and speaks frantically with him.
"Stomach..."
And
"Large mass"
Are all I get out of the conversation. The doctor points to certain parts on the screen. But what happens next...

Juuzou glances at me, exchanging words with the doctor that I cant hear.
Juuzou runs his hand through his hair, then gently grips it before letting it limply fall beside him.
"Thats all for now miss." the doctor says as he walks over, taking the cloak off me and ushering me back into bed.
Juuzou walks back to my bedside as the doctor pushes me out of the x-ray room. His face is grim, im worried for myself but more so what he just heard. Its making him act weird.
I raise my hand to touch him, hesitating, I sit there for a second, my hand hanging in the air, then I set it back on the bed.
We get back to the room and the doctor puts my bed back in the position. He looks at Juuzou.
"We will get those x-rays printed.. and we will bring them back, then show her.. what is causing those stomach pains, and the blood. " he explains to him. Juuzou nods and the doctor leaves.
"Juuzou... what is it..? You saw it. Can't you tell me..? " I ask him, gently reaching out to his arm. He pulls his hand out of his pocket and grabs my hand.
"Ill let the doctor explain it... I can't.. do it. " he says, his voice slow and quiet. Unlike his usual cheery playful voice.
He's scaring me.. and I don't know if I can survive this.