(Brother's Conflict) Asahina Yuusuke X Reader- That's Love REQUEST

Request from @SasuyeKato

"The best friend", "The unrequited love", "The one sided love"- these were words Yuusuke understood very well.

Too well he would argue.

They say love makes you blind. Perhaps thats why he never noticed the longing glances you would throw in his direction, or the fleeting 'accidental' touches. Or the countless other things you did in hopes that one day Yuusuke would look at you the way he looked at Ema.

But no. You were the shoulder to cry on when Yuusuke found out she was his step sister or when she went out with his brothers or the "can you do me a favor and find out more about Ema" friend. Each time he looked at you with those pleading crimson eyes, you fell deeper into this sad unrequited love of yours and no matter what he asked of you (no matter how heartbreaking) you found yourself unable to refuse.

"Oi (Name)... can I talk to you? " Yuusuke uttered quietly.

"Sure-"

"Alone...?"

"O-okay"

"I'm in love." His face was flushed you thought that for a moment maybe it was you.

"..." You held your breath and waited for him to continue.

"With Ema." You froze, his words pierced you like a dagger to the heart-

"Help me get together with her, you're friends right? "

And yet when his warm hands took yours, when his sincere gaze bore into your eyes you couldnt bring yourself to say no.

You couldn't bring yourself to cry or scream or even get mad at him.

Because that is love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"N-Name...!" Yuusuke hugged you tightly, his redish strands tickling your neck and his face buried in your neck.

Your heart was beating a mile a minute and you wondered what you did to deserve this.

"W-what's wrong Yuusuke? " You softly stroked his back. You felt something warm and wet on your shoulder.

"E-Ema... E-Ema's with Subaru. Why can't it be me?! What's wrong with me? Am I not good enough? W-why can't I be enough?!"

You knew it was her again. It was too good to be true. Your (he's not really yours) Yuusuke hugging you so tightly was nothing but an illusion. A bittersweet dream that would end in a flash.

"That's what I ask myself everyday Yuusuke. Every single day. But of course you wouldn't know because you only have eyes for Ema." You whispered.

"W-what...?" Yuusuke stared at you with watery eyes and disbelief.

You untangled yourself from him (as much as you wished to stay in his embrace) and covered your face with your hands to hide your tear streaked cheeks.

"I've always been in love with you. You've just been too blind to see it." You murmured.

Yuusuke was speechless. But what he did next was surprising to the both of you.

"Then let's learn to love again. Together."

With a slightly hopeful expression he gently brushed your tears away and gave you a pained smile.

" I can't say I love you yet. I also can't promise you that everything will work out.  Are you sure you want to be with someone like me?"

"Yes." You laughed through your tears "you are more than enough. You've always been more than enough for me!"

Sometimes love doesn't work out. Sometimes love is painful and cruel.
But sometimes when you lose one love-
The next one is just around the corner.

Because that is love.