(HunterXHunter) Feitan X Reader- Promise

• इन्हें समर्पित: skyestorms

This is by my co-writer Goldline who's dedicating it to Skyestorms cause it's her birthday soon :))))

The night’s breeze ruffled your hair as you stood on top of a building which currently served as the Phantom Troupe’s hideout. You were an assassin-for-hire, and you had been hired by the mafia, along with some dimwits who called themselves assassins, to eliminate the infamous troupe.

This mission was a forsaken one; the idiots had just charged into hideout with no plan, or escape route. To you, it was just like suicide; you were sure that none of them would come out alive, and that was the reason you had refused to just come blindly with them. The Phantom Troupe wouldn’t have received a class A bounty for nothing.  

You’d been waiting on the roof for more than an hour, and it was evident that they wouldn’t be coming out any time soon, if at all. It would be wise to leave before any members of the band of thieves decided to come out to see if there were any ‘flies’ still buzzing around. You weren’t exactly eager to die, despite your occupation as an assassin. Just as you turned to leave, a soft soothing voice stopped you in your tracks.

“You… Are you a part of those people that were after our lives?” A man clad in dark clothes stood in your way, and you assumed that the voice had come from him. You weighed you options: one, you could run for it; he was a good distance away from you, and you prided yourself on your speed, so you were fairly confident you could make it out. Or two, you could choose to lie, and bluff your way out of it.

Unfortunately, you weren’t given much time to think as the man was quickly closing the gap between you two. “What? Are you being targeted?” deciding to go with the latter choice, you tried your best to play innocent, but with your attire and the sword at you waist, your fib was quickly dispelled.

“That’s a lie, isn’t it?”

He was now only mere meters away from you, so you decided to hightail it out of there. Everything was a blur as you speed past, and only the light patter of footsteps gave indication that he was still on your tail. You cursed as you sped up; you knew you shouldn’t have taken the job offer no matter how good the pay was. You had no idea about how long you’ve been running now, but the footsteps only sounded closer. You still hadn’t lost him. The Phantom Troupe member’s shorter stature was misleading in terms of his physical prowess. You had to give him credit—not many people were able to keep up with you for this long when even you weren’t using nen, much less when you fully imbued your legs with it.

You stumble slightly on a small crack in the pavement gave all the time he needed to catch up with you. Within seconds, you were knocked out cold and carried back into their hideout.

“Tell me who you work for, you damn rat.”

“Like hell I’m going to tell you, MuscleHead,” you spat at your torturer, and you received a growl in response. They had been torturing you for over half an hour now, but no information had made information past your lips.

“Looks like it’s your turn, Feitan.” The muscled man who had been inflicting multiple cuts on your body steps down, and a small, lithe figure walked up to you.

“Oh, what, it’s you,” you said, recognizing him as the one who had confronted you on the rooftop. “Be gentle with me, please. That brute really did a number on me,” you joked, pissing of the brute of a man.

“Come here, you little shit. Lemme beat you to within half an inch of your life so you don’t talk with that impudent moth again!”

“Oooh, I’m so scared~” You taunted, riling up the troupe member even further. God, why was such an imbecile even on their team anyway? He was all brawn and no brain.

“You—!”

“Stop.” Feitan hold out his arm in warning. “Back off. If you touch her, consider yourself dead. Non-official members don’t get a say.” 

The other man let out a low grunt. “This is ridiculous. I’m leaving.” You hear the click of the door, then silence. So you were now alone with Feitan, you guessed.

“Well, thanks, I guess.”

“You’re weird.”

“What? That’s pretty rude, you know.”

“Hgn.” You hear a (very, very quiet) laugh from him. “Not many people try to piss off their torturer.”

“Yeah, I suppose. Now, can you get these ropes off me? They feel terrible.”

“At least try to act like a captive until the leader comes back.”

“No thanks. I’m good.” You shift your hands around slightly, and the ropes binding them came off. “That feels so much better.”

The second after you had them off, the glint of steel flashed at your neck. You hadn’t seen Feitan move from his position at all. “You…That’s amazing! Will you teach me?”

“…” The edge of the sword is removed from your neck. “I can’t deal with you at all.” Feitan sheaths the sword and hands it to you. “Just leave this place.”

“What?” You stare at him, stunned.

“I’m letting you leave.” His voice is soft, and monotone, as always, so you can’t make out his intentions. “I’ll cover for you when the rest of my troupe come back.”

“But your sword…?” You start off, and he takes your sword off its place on the ground.

“I’ll come find you. And when we meet, Let’s give our swords back to each other.”

“Promise?” You ask.

(Confirmation.)

“Promise.” He says.

(Assurance.)

“Alright, take care.” You lightly touch his cheek (it’s cold, but you don’t want to lift your hand.).

He smiles at you (it’s probably really rare).

You’re now back on the roof where it all started—

This time bidding farewells.

Phantom Troupe members don’t know the meaning of ‘love’.

But Feitan knows as his lips brush against yours.

It’s time to leave.

You don’t look back—

Because the sword at your waist tell you—

It’s a promise—

A promise that you’ll meet again.

And promises aren’t meant to be broken.  

❤ ♥Anime X Reader/ One-Shots- Loving You ♥❤जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें