(Haikyuu!) Kozume Kenma X Reader- Blonde

• Dedicated to Anna my waifu

Kozume Kenma X Reader- Blonde

This is for my waifu Anna~ I hope you feel better after your dose of kenma <3 (kanekikanekikaneki)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kenma was your best friend. You were Kenma’s best friend. But secretly you both wanted more. Neither of you had the courage to confess and so neither of you realized the other’s feelings. Everyone else knew. It was just the two of you.

You sat motionless at your desk next to Kenma’s. Currently you were pouring over your favourite shoujo manga, Last Game. You squealed in delight when you saw Yanagi on the cover.

“Kenma, Look it’s Yanagi~ Isn’t he adorable?” You smiled brightly, excitedly flinging the cover of last game in his face.

“What’s so good about that guy…” Kenma grumbled, pushing the manga out of his face and scowling lightly. Kuroo grinned as he watched the two of you conversed. How did you not notice his obvious feelings? He was only ever grumpy or overprotective with you…

“No you just don’t understand! He’s rich, he’s smart, he’s handsome, he’s a gentleman and…” You sighed wistfully before being interrupted.

“What else could he possibly be…” Kenma growled dejectedly. If these were your standards he didn’t know how he could do it.

-and he’s blonde~” You sighed dreamily, hugging the manga to your chest. “Blondes are the cutest of them all~ They’re definitely my type.” You murmured, whilst daydreaming.

Kenma ran his fingers through his coal black hair. Hmm… blonde I can do…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Kenma~ Walk me home…” You whined cutely. Kenma blushed and looked away to avoid falling for those cute eyes.

“Nope. I have something to do today.” He gently shook you off him and walked in the opposite direction, leaving you to wonder what you did wrong.

Meanwhile Kenma stood frozen in the pharmacy. He had no idea which shade of ‘blonde’ he should pick… ‘sunset’, ‘white gold’, ‘camel’, ‘dune’, ‘natural light blonde’. He hoped no one saw him looking at feminine blonde hair dye, he’d lose his reputation forever…

“Yanagi’s hair is natural light blonde~” A voice whispered behind him.

Kenma nearly dropped the box he was holding and spun around to see a smirking Kuroo.

“What the hell is wrong with you!” Kenma hissed quietly smacking Kuroo on the head.

“Nothing… I knew you’d be here~” He smirked cheekily “I happened to overhear your conversation at lunch with (Name)! I swear you are so whipped-ow!” This time Kenma had thrown the box of ‘natural light blonde’ in his face and swiftly walked out of the store.

“W-wait! Don’t you need this to impress (Name)?!” Kuroo rushed to pay for the hair dye and chased after Kenma. Looping his Kenma’s shoulder he shoved the plastic bag containing the hair dye into Kenma’s hands.

“I’ll do you a favour, I’ll even dye your hair for you, just get together already! It’s killing me!” Kuroo groaned impatiently.

“…fine.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For some reason Kuroo had ran out of Kenma’s house the moment he finished helping him dye his hair.

But the moment Kenma looked into the mirror he knew why.

“KUROO TETSUROU!!!!!!”

His hair was blonde but the roots of his original hair colour was still visible. Kenma looked like he had tried too hard to become blonde…and failed.

Great… How was he supposed to face (Name) now?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

The next day you went to look for Kenma you were pleasantly surprised to find a blonde Kenma leaning against your shoe locker.

“Kenma…what did you do to your hair?” You stare in awe.

“W-well, I kind of- Because you know you said you li- I just didn’t want to stand out.” He stuttered.

“Well I like you even more now~” You murmured beneath your breath, reaching up to tangle your fingers in his silky blonde strands.

Kenma blushed even harder and he quickly mumbled “Ilikeyoutoo.”

“What?”

“I said… I like you too.” And before you could reply he pulled you in to a quick kiss.

“Wait- I forgot to do something.” You grinned.

“What?”

“This.”

You tugged his hoodie towards you and leaned in for another kiss, which he gladly gave you.

Kuroo wolf whistled when you pulled apart. “About time, lovebirds~”

“Shut up.”

~Extended Ending~

To his dismay Kenma arrived at school the next day only to see you still reading (and fangirling) over Yanagi.

“(Name) Why do you still need him?” Kenma pouted childishly.

You placed the manga on your desk and your eyes twinkled mischievously.

“Don’t worry Kenma~  You’re the only Yanagi I need. “ You smirked and leaned over the side of the desk to give him a kiss.

Dammit. How did you know?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kenma is shown to have had black hair in the past but dyed to because he 'didn't want to stand out' now you know why he really dyed his hair~ Was actually surprisingly easy to write considering I haven't watched or read haikyuu but since Annapoo is such a fan I wrote it for her anyways. So I apologise if he's way too ooc.