Chapter 20

"I'm Tayla. Harry's girlfriend." She said with a stupid smug look on her face that made me want to slap her.

"That's nice." Was all I responded with while pushing past her to look for Harry. I could hear her annoying protest as I looked around the house for Harry before finally finding him in the backyard lying on the grass. Once he saw me he quickly stood up.

"Avery... What are you doing here?" He looked confused and I don't blame him.

"I need to talk to you... Alone. It's private" I said gesturing to his slut that had come over and clung to him like a leech.

"Tayla could you give us a minute babe." She fluttered her eyelashes before heading towards the house but not before whispering bitch as she passed me.

"Talk" he demanded while sitting on the patio furniture.
"Geez. Not even a hello? I'm pregnant Harry and before you ask no, I'm not sure that you're the father but there's a high chance you could be."

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! You're pregnant!! It's probably Zayn's kid you slut. Why don't you go see if he gives a fuck because I certainly don't. Get out!"

While I knew his reaction would be bad I didn't expect this at all.

"Fine. I'll leave and you'll never hear from me again. Even of this baby does turn out to be yours. Here you can have this jack ass!" I said while throwing the ultrasound picture at him and storming out of the house and running down the street with tears streaming down my face.

I walked the 10 blocks to my house with tears constantly threatening to fall from my eyes.

I got back to my apartment at the same time Niall was arriving and I've never been so happy to see him. I flung myself into his arms and began sobbing again. He cradled me to his chest while I cried. We must have looked like idiots standing in the car park but I didnt care.

"So I'm guessing the other guys didn't take it very well then?"

We walk up to the hallway right outside my apartment.

"No. Zayn wasn't so bad but Harry was horrible. I can't believe I used to be in love with him. He's so different than I thought." I unlock the apartment and walk in.

Niall and I walk to my bedroom and he dumps a large bag on the floor near my bed. I didn't even notice he had a bag before. I feel like I'm already getting pregnancy brain. 

I change into my pyjamas and when I turn around just in time to see Niall in all of his shirtless glory. He noticed me checking him out and just laughs while shaking his head.

I turn a crimson colour then head to the kitchen. I'm standing in front of the fridge trying to figure out what I want to eat when I feel Niall's arms wrap around me which brings a smile to my face. He nuzzles his face into the crook of my neck and mumbles "I think we're going to be okay" which sends shivers down my spine.

I finally decide to heat up some leftovers that Francesca must've brought up during the day. I put some lasagna on a plate for me and some on a plate for Niall then take them both to the lounge room where Niall is picking a movie for us to watch.

He sees that in carrying food and instantly jumps up to take his plate.

We both sit on the couch and eventually discard our empty plates to the side and snuggle up together.

One thing led to another and now I'm straddling Nialls lap while he's shirtless. I've got my hands locked in his hair while his are roaming over my body. It's getting intense and just as Niall begins taking off my shirt there's a knock at the door which always seems to happen when I'm in this situation.

We break apart and look at the clock.
"What the hell. It's 1:40 am. Who's here?" Niall is clearly frustrated due to the interruption.

"I don't know. I'll check" I quickly fix my shirt then head to the door with Niall trailing behind not bothering to put on a shirt.

I look though the peep hole and see Harry. I quickly open the door and he walks in.

He takes one look at Niall "so is he also a contender to be the father?"

I open my mouth to answer but Niall beats me to it. "Actually I am and I'm happy. You know why? Because that's a baby and although I'm young it doesn't change that it could be my baby and it didn't do anything wrong. If that baby turns out to be yours then Avery will always remember how you didn't want it and acted like a dick. I'll always support her even if this baby is mine because that baby deserves a decent father!" I've never seen Niall so passionate and angry before. It made me so happy to hear what he was saying, I just want to jump into his arms and kiss him right now.

Harry just stands there completely speechless so I decide to have my say. "Harry it's best you leave. I've done some research into paternity test and they can all pose a threat to the baby during pregnancy so once the baby is born I'll have one done. Until then you don't need to be here. I'll let you know if you're the dad or not and then you can decide whether or not you want to be a part of the child's life but honestly, after the way you've been treating me I don't know if I will want you near my child. Now please leave." I point to the door.

He started to walk towards the door but just before he walked out he turned to me "I came to say that I'm sorry for the way I've been acting. I'm just so confused about everything. I don't want to miss out on all of this, especially if it turns out to be mine. I want to be here for you so please, call me or text me. I don't want to miss anything." With that he shut the door behind him.