Chapter 19

I sit in an uncomfortable plastic chair in the doctors waiting room sitting next to Niall. He didnt speak one word on the drive here. He taps on his phone while I sit awkwardly, "You dont really seem like you want to be here. You can go, I'll take a cab home." I say.

"I want to support you but its sort of hard when Im not even sure this baby is mine, but I'll try harder because I'm not sure either of them would be here if you told them you're pregnant."

I want to be happy that hes here but all I can think about is the fact that hes here because he knows that Zayn or Harry wouldnt be, which makes me feel ten times worse. "Im sorry you're in this situation with me."

Before he can say anything a doctor comes to the waiting room, calls my name and leads us down the hall and into a small room. Our doctor is a short middle aged woman with greying brown hair and wide rimmed glassed. "Please take a seat" she says. I lie back in the long chair and Niall sits in the seat beside me.

"I'm Doctor Jones and I will be looking after you throughout your pregnancy. Is there anything you'd like me to know before we start?" She asks.

"Uh not really" Niall says awkwardly.

"Well lets get started then."

She walks over to me from her desk and I pull my shirt up to show my stomach. "This gel is going to be a little cold." She says as she spreads it over my stomach. I flinch at the freezing feeling that sends shivers down my spine. She rubs my stomach with the device and on the screen pops a grainy black and white picture.

"There isnt much to see at this point but theres your baby." She points at a small round shape on the screen.

"Wow" Whispers Niall.

"The baby is fine but you should come back sometime in the next 2-3 weeks so I can tell you how you baby is doing." She smiles. "Would you like some copies?"

"Uh sure." I say.

"I'll be right back, you can wipe your stomach with this." She says handing me a few wipes. I thank her as she leaves the room. After I clean my stomach I sit up and turn to face Niall.

I'm relieved when I see that he has a smile on his face. I'm about to speak when Doctor Jones comes back in the room.

"Here are your copies and I'll see you two in a few weeks" She hands us a copy each of the ultrasound. We say goodbye, pay the receptionist and leave.

"Are you going to school now?" I ask Niall in the car. "I think I'll stay with you and maybe try to work this out." And with that we were on our way to my apartment.

Once we pulled up we went inside and say at the dining table. Neither of us said anything and the silence was driving me crazy.

"Avery you have to understand the situation I'm being put in. It's really difficult to explain and I know that I may be a pit of a prick at times but I want you to know that I support you. I truly care about you and after seeing the baby on that screen I will continue to support you even if it turns out it isn't my baby."

I can't believe what I'm hearing. He's actually going to stay knowing this might not even be his child. Most guys would have run at the first chance but not him. I practically jump into his arms and sob.

He cradles me against his chest until I've calmed down enough. "I'm going to head home and sort some things out an so should you. You need to tell Harry and Zayn. I'll come over later." He kisses my forehead then leaves my apartment.

I feel so much better knowing that I'll have Niall to support me even if no one else will.

I slowly make my to my room to clean myself up before start the painful journey to Zayn's house to give him the news.

I hesitantly raise my hand and knock on the door. It's now 4:30pm so I know he'll be home.

A middle aged women with brown hair opens the door.

"Hi I'm Zayn's friend. Is he here?"

"Sure sweetie come on in. Zayn's door is down the hall and to the left."

I take a deep breath before opening his door. I'm welcomed with the sight of a shirtless Zayn lying on his bed sketching in a book. He looked up startled to see me here and I don't blame him.

"What the hell do you want?" He said reverting his eyes back to his drawings.

"I'm pregnant!" I blurted without thinking. If I think too much I'll just break down or chicken out.

"You're what?" I had his full attention now.

"I'm pregnant" I closed the door behind me and sit down on his desk chair.

"And it's mine?" Shit. I knew this would come up and Im mortified.

"I'm not sure....." I say while lowering my gaze to his sketch book and I can see a sketch that looks alarmingly like me.

"Seriously? How many other guys could be the dad? Who else? I want a DNA test done." He was still in shock but I could see his anger gradually surfacing.

"There's two other guys. Harry and Niall. I'll get a test done when I'm sure it's safe for the baby" I'm trying to hold my ground but I can feel myself about to lose it.

"Avery I understand that you want to put the baby first and all that shit but you can't seriously expect for me to be happy about all this. Can you just leave and give me a chance to think about all this shit you've just laid on me?"

I just nod my head and walk out of his room and then out of his house. I start my walk to Harry's and to be honest, his reaction is the one I fear most. Especially after how he reacted over the whole Zayn thing.

When I finally reach his house I'm greeted by a minimally dressed girl. She has cheap hair extensions, fake nails and resembles an orange.

"Who the hell are you?" She says. Clearly annoyed by my presence.

"I'm Avery. Is Harry home?"

"Ohhh. I've heard about you. His slutty ex. What do you want?" She smirks knowing she's getting to me.

"I want to talk to Harry. Who are you?" I'm trying to be polite but I'm getting irritated.

"I'm Tayla. Harry's girlfriend."