Chapter 7

My vision is blurry with tears as I walk down the street and it takes twenty minutes of walking for me to realize that I have no idea where I am. I've wound up on a main road and people are walking all around me, I reach into my pocket expecting to feel the cold metal of my phone but there's nothing. I check all my pockets and still nothing. I'm lost in the city with no money no phone and I'm a sobbing mess. I take a seat on a park bench nearby and watch the people pass me in the street.

I pull my feet up onto the bench and hug my legs; I have no idea how I'm going to get myself out of this.

My watch reads 5:00; I've been sitting on this bench for almost 2 hours left with my thoughts of how much I hate Zayn. He's the reason I'm here, alone, sad and lost. I should have listened to the girls when they told me not to go on a date with him, I feel stupid and it's all I can think about when someone starts tapping me on the shoulder. I'm almost too scared to turn around when I hear a familiar voice speak to me. "Avery?"

Liam

"What are you doing here?"

"I got lost; I've been here for hours."

"Can I take you home?" He asks.

Smiling, I hug him overwhelmed with the idea of finally going home "Yes, please"

He grabs my hand, guides me to his nearby car and opens my door for me, acting the way Zayn should have been on our date. "Thanks" I say, hopping in.

"So how did you end up in the city alone?" He says when he gets into the driver's seat.

The thoughts of my failed date with Zayn have been in my mind for the last few hours and I'm done thinking about him so I make something up.

"I was shopping with Eleanor and she had a date with Louis so he picked her up and I thought I had my phone on me but I guess I left it at home..." He gives me an odd look and I can tell that he doesn't believe my lame cover up at all, but thankfully he doesn't ask about it anymore.

I tell him my address and he puts it into the GPS. While he's driving we talk about school until we arrive at my apartment.

"I have to go run some errands for my mum but I'll walk you up" He runs to my side of the car and once again opens my door.

We walk in the building and into the elevator. When we get to my front door I grab his hand and hug him "Thank you so much for taking me home, I owe you big time" I say, kissing him on the cheek. "Anytime" He smiles "I'll see you at school"

"Bye"

When I'm unlocking the door a smile creeps on my face, at least something came of this disaster that Zayn caused.

My phone is buzzing on the kitchen bench and I run to check it. I have 5 messages from Harry asking me if our dates still on and when I want him to pick me up. I text back "So sorry I got stuck in the city and left my phone at home, pick me up whenever you can, I don't mind" I say even though I'm hoping he will in at least an hour.

"I'll see you in an hour :)" Harry's response made me smile.

I decide a nice long hot shower is just what I need to calm me down. I spend at least 15 minutes in the shower and by the time I come out I feel so relaxed. I blow dry my hair then start applying my make up. I do a golden brown smokey eye with nude lips then I curl my hair. After I'm done with that I grab my favourite dress that reaches just below my calves and is black with gold detailing. Then I grab my purse an head to the door just in time for Harry to knock.

"Wow.... You look beautiful" Harry said while smiling and looking me up and down. He was wearing dark jeans a white shirt and a blazer. "You look great as well" I complimented. "Shall we?" He extended his arm for me to take. Once we made our way to his car he turned to me "I've made us reservations at the cliffe" "that's so expensive. You didn't have to do that." I was shocked he would spend so much money on me for our date. "Don't worry about the money. This nights about us." He really knew how to make a girl feel special. I reached over and grabbed his hand.

When we got the the restaurant Harry told them his name and we were led to a table in the back with candles in the middle. "Thank you so much Harry" "Stop thanking me. You deserve this." He both chatted until the waiter showed up. My back was to him until I heard him say "Good evening, my name is Zayn and I'll be your waiter for tonight."

I turned around and surely enough it was him. I quickly turned back around in my seat hoping he didn't see me.

"Avery?" Well that didn't work.

"Zayn" I responded curtly.

"Hey man. I didn't know you worked here" Harry casually made conversation. "Yeah, had I get a job to help out at home" "That's good I guess."

"Can you just take our orders" I asked getting annoyed. "Sure" it was clear Zayn wasn't happy about this either. This was going to be a long night.....