Chapter 17

I wake up to the sun shining into my room and snuggled up against Niall. I slowly look up at him and see that he's still asleep. He looks so peaceful and young while he's asleep, I could watch him forever

"Stop staring at me I'm trying to sleep" mumbled Niall while tightening his arms around me. I flushed red then placed my head back on his bare chest. He started playing with a strand of my hair and rubbing my back.

"How did we get here? We were best friends and now we've had sex. What happens now?" I asked. Niall means as lot to me. I don't know what I would do without him and I don't regret what happened last night. Nialls my best friend and I may even like him a bit more than that but I can't handle all this and the Harry stuff at once.

"Hmm... Well right now we get up and go to school I guess" he says jokingly. 

"Not right now you idiot. I mean for us" I shyly look up at him.

He looks down at me "we don't have to work that out right now. You just got out of a relationship so let's not rush."

*5 weeks later*

I'm sitting in the middle of chemistry when I feel a huge wave of nausea come over me and I bolt out of the classroom to the nearest toilets where I vomit up all of my breakfast. After that I just sit with my head against the cubicle wall with my eyes closed.

After about five minutes I hear a knock on the door. "Av, it's me Marlee. Mr Connelly sent me to check on you."

Reluctantly I open the door and am greeted with Marlees shocked face. She kneels down beside me "Av what's wrong? Are you ok?" She starts to rub my back while I hold my face in my hands. "I don't know. First all the Harry shit and now Niall won't leave me alone. He keeps sending me flowers and showing up at my house. He's suffocating me and I get that he just wants to show me his feelings but I can't breathe and now I feel sick and everything is turning to absolute crap" I end my rant with a huge inhale of breath and begin crying.

Marlee rubs my back while I let it all out then helps me get to my feet and takes me to the nurses office.

"You sure you're going to be ok? Want me to stay?"

"No it's fine. You tell Mr Connelly that I'm here and I'll text you later." I give her a hug and watch her walk back to class.

I walk into the nurses office and see Marie sitting at her desk. She looks up when she sees me and walks over "Avery sweety, what's wrong?"

"I'm not sure. I was sitting in class and got sick and had to go to the bathroom and I threw up." She leads me to the couch where she gets me to sit down.

"Hmm.... This may sound a bit awkward but have you been sexually active?"

She wasn't kidding. This is extremely awkward. I can feel my face heating up and my palms beginning to sweat. I stare down at my hands before answering. "Yeah but I don't see why that matters..." I mumble completely mortified.

She gets up and walks to her desk where she pulls out a small box then walks back to me and gives me the box. I look down and see a box with the words 'pregnancy test' written on it.

"No.... I don't want this. I've just got the stomach flu...."

"Avery dear. It's best you just take this and if it comes back negative then it is just a bug but if it's positive then you can work out what you want to do." She says while lesson me to the handicap bathroom.

*five minutes later*
I'm still in the bathroom and I'm just sitting on the toilet waiting to look at the test. It's already been two minutes but I'm scared to look at the results. Taking a big breath I walk over to the sink and pick up the test then come face to face with the little '+' symbol.

In that moment I felt my heart shatter. I'm pregnant. This is it. I'm actually pregnant and am having a baby. I slowly walk out of the bathroom where Marie jumps out of her seat and I burst into tears.

She takes the stick out of my hand and looks at the results then pulls me into her arms. "Sweety it's going to be ok I promise. Go home, relax, get some sleep and think about what you want to to do. Here take my number and you can call or whatever if you want to talk." She says while handing me a piece of paper with her number on it. I just nod and head out the door and to my car. I sit in my car and burst into tears.

What the hell am I going to do....