Chapter 13

It's been two days since the party and all I can remember from it is drinking so much then waking up the next morning wrapped in cold sheets. I still can't remember who I was with that night and it's driving me crazy!
Even after having an extremely lazy weekend I'm still exhausted and have to force myself out of bed and into the shower on Monday morning. I get ready in a pair of denim shorts, a white loose shirt with a black cardigan. I put on my converses and head out the door. I didn't bother with my make up and just threw my hair in a bun.
When I get to school i see the girls and head over to them. "Where the hell did you disappear to on Friday night? We were so worried about you!" Marlee screamed in my face.
"Keep it down. I got a little bit drunk and then everything is blurry and I don't remember what happened. All I know is I woke up in a bed naked." This was so embarrassing admitting to them.
"So you don't remember anything that you two did? Not even who it was? You may not have even had sex." Lisa always likes to know what's going on. "I remember little things about it. Enough to know that we definitely had sex but I don't remember who he was." I'm beyond mortified by this point. We're walking to our lockers and I really don't want anyone to hear what we're talking about.
"Did you use protection?" Stephanie always has to be the responsible one that points things out I meet thought about. Truth is I have no idea if we did or not. So I meekly respond with "I don't know..." While hanging my head in shame.
"Shit Ave, you're in trouble. You better remember who he is and fast. We're here for you though." Steph says while rubbing my shoulder.
*BRRRIINNGG*
The bell ends our conversation and signals for us to go to class. I'm starting to get scared now. What if I'm pregnant and I'll never be able to figure out who the dad is or if I've gotten some disease. How could I have been so damn stupid!!
As class rolls by I'm so worried that I think I'm going to be sick. I gather my things and walk up to the teachers desk. "Mr lawson I'm not feeling well. Could I please have a nurses slip?" "Sure. I hope you feel better." He said while writing out my note.
I arrive at the nurses bay. The school nurse is a nice women in her early fifties named Mrs Woodley but she lets us call her Marie. "Oh sweety what's the problem?" She asked after reading my note. "I think I might be coming down with something. Could you maybe write me a pass to go home?" "Of course." She leaves for a few minutes then returns with the pass but before she lets me go she gives me a warm smile and says "I know you're parents aren't around so if you get in any trouble just let me know." "Thanks Marie" and with that I leave the office and head to my car just in time to hear the bell signalling for students to have their recess.
I really don't want to deal with anymore questions from my friends about Friday so I leave without telling them. On the drive home I want to stop by the store and get a test but it's too early for that so I drive past the shops and get home.
Once I get into my apartment I turn my phone off and climb into bed. I don't know why but I start crying. Not the crying where it's just a couple of tears but the full on crying where the sobs cause your stomach to hurt and your body to shake. I cried my heart out and during it fell asleep.
I woke up and it was 4 in the afternoon to a banging on the door. Expecting it to be one of the girls I open the door to see a worried Liam. He pushes past me and into my apartment where we grabs my hands and sits across from me on the couch.
"I know I haven't really spoken and I'm sorry but are you ok? I saw you this morning and then I went to find you but apparently you hadn't been feeling well and went home. So I came here and you answer the door and no offence but you look pretty bad. Your eyes are red and puffy so I know you've been crying. Please tell me what's wrong."
Looking into his eyes and hearing his speech I starting crying again. He wrapped his arms around my waist and held me while I cried my heart out. I'm glad Liam came to see me and not anyone else.