Chapter 2

We turn and see Harry Styles walk in followed by his two friends Luke and James. He looks cool and careless which makes me wonder why someone like him even cares about going to school anymore. He walks by the table of the smartest kids at our school and I see Liam Payne whisper something under his breath but everyone is much too loud for me to understand exactly what he said.

Harry stops, turning towards Liam and giving him the dirtiest look I've ever seen on someone. "What did you say to me?!" He shouts as everyone in the room falls silent and turns to look at them.

" I didn't say anything." Liam says. barely audible. I know that Liam most definitely did say something I just wish I knew what it was and what could make Harry this angry.

Harry pulls Liam by the shirt up from his seat and whispers something but we are too far away to understand. Liam pushes Harry with all his strength he stumbles back and as he is regaining his balance he throws a punch at Liam. He falls back onto the table. Before I even know what I'm doing I run over to stop him and I stand in between them. Harry pulls his fist up and stops it just an inch from my face. I think I hear everyone in the room gasp and I don't know why no one else is trying to stop this fight or where the teachers are. I've never spoke to Liam but I feel bad for him, I grab his arm while he is standing beside me silently and pull him out of the lunch room.

When I turn I see Harry who is angry and confused, I did want Harry to notice me but this probably wasn't the best way to achieve that.

Liam also looks confused being dragged behind me. We stop outside and I sit on a bench next to the lunchroom doors. "What is your problem?" he says looking annoyed.

"Look, I know it's not my place to stop you from whatever that was but did you really want to be bashed up by Harry Styles in front of fifty people?" I try to explain what I did but I don't really know myself.

"Well thanks but why would you even help me, we aren't even friends?" "because I know that I would want someone to help me if I were in that position and I don't think anyone else was going to step in." I try to sound like I didn't do it out of pity.

"What did you say to Harry anyway?..." I ask. He looks at me nervously and says "It doesn't matter, I just didn't think he would hear it." "Why are you being so rude? I just helped you and you're being a total jackass!" I shout annoyed and turn to walk off but am stopped by a strong arm grabbing my waist.

"Look, I'm sorry for snapping at you. Thanks for helping me. Friends?" Liam apologised holding out his hand. I smiled back while grabbing his hand "friends" I replied before we walked back into class.

"Hey Liam you gonna get Avery to save you every time? Pussy" Harry taunted. "THATS ENOUGH" Mrs Greene yelled before assigning us our work. This sucks. The one time I get Harry to notice me and now he hates me. My life is screwed.

*BRRIINNGGG*

And finally the bell went after 1 and a half hours of awkward tension and death staring amongst Harry, Liam and I. "What's got you so down?" Louis asks while walking beside me to the cafeteria. "Boy problems" "ooohh tell me more" Louis replied intrigued. As I open my mouth to speak I'm yanked back into the corner of the lockers by the one and only Zayn.

"I told you I would be seeing you later beautiful" Zayn stated while hovering over me. "Zayn I don't have time for this" I tried to move past him but he wouldn't have it. "I know your busy so I'll make this quick. I'm taking you out on Friday night. Wear something sexy" "I don't think so" I replied trying to get past him yet again. "So I'll see you then" and before I could refuse he was already walking away.

What have I gotten myself into......