Chapter 10

"I'm sure" I say looking at Liam and before he can reply I hear someone knocking at my door.

"Shit! you have to hide" I tell him shoving him off the couch and to the nearest closet. "In the closet!" I command, in the loudest whisper possible.

He scurries into the worn, timber cupboard as fast as he can. I put my clothes on quickly while the knocking on the door gets louder. I shove Liam's clothes under the couch and make my way to the door while still buttoning up my shirt. I open the door trying to look as calm as possible.

It's Francesca, my 'nanny'. She lives downstairs and does all the things my dad would do if he were here like do the groceries, pay the bills and check up on me every now and then. Right now she chose the worst time to show up

"I came by earlier to check on you and there was a young man sitting at your door, who is he and why was he here?"
She questions me.

I know she can easily tell when someone's lying so I try and act as normal as possible. My convincing skills really aren't that great. "oh that's just a friend of mine, he was dropping off homework."

She raises an eyebrow at me. "So you won't mind if I come inside and look around?" She says already making her way in.

"I don't see why that's necessary..." My palms are starting to sweat.

She walks past me and into my apartment, at this point I'm freaking out. I hope that he doesn't make a sound and that hiding him and his clothes is enough for Francesca not to notice he's here. "What are you looking for? he's not here." She's walking around the kitchen and does a big circle through the apartment checking the lounge room, my bedroom and the bathroom. "Well I guess you're right." she says taking one last look around and I swear she makes full eye contact with Liam's underwear that's visible from where she's standing. But she just walks on past them.

"I'll be back tomorrow with groceries, good night." She says leaving the apartment and I can finally breathe again. I collapse into the couch in relief.

There's a few seconds of silence before I hear Liam say "can I come out now?"I almost forgot about him in all the stress going on in my mind.

"Yeah" I open the closet door for Liam. "Maybe this is a sign that this isn't meant to happen right now. I'm sorry." I say while handing him his clothes.

"Don't apologise. I never want you to feel uncomfortable." He said while kissing my forehead. "I'll get going." We walked to the door where he turned and pressed a quick kiss to my lips, said goodbye and left.

I slide down the door, put my head in my hands and sigh. after a few minutes of processing what just happened. I hear a knock and stand to open it.

"Oh hey Niall, what's up?" I asked surprised to see him. "You forgot this earlier so I thought I'd give it to you." He handed me my phone and went to turn away. "Niall....do you want to come inside?" "Really?" "Why not?"

He came inside. "Should we watch a movie?" He asked. "Yeah. You put one on and I'll get some blankets."

I came back and cuddled with Niall like earlier today at the movies and began to fall asleep. Just as I was about to nod off completely I heard Niall whisper "I think I like you" and kiss my forehead. I didn't say anything back, I just fell asleep with a small smile on my face.