Chapter 44

"They understood what it meant when they agreed to this job," I sighed as I glanced at a room full of my men dead. This trip to Philly isn't ideal for me, I'd rather be at home with my kids waiting on Grace to get back from her trip. Instead we have to be here to figure out who the hell did this. This was definitely an inside job, I need to find the rat and find him now.

"Yeah, but even this is a mess. Only one person could've done it," Reno said with tight fists. I nodded. This seems like his fashion too, he really wants some of my territory huh?

"No offense, your father is a complete prick. He can't just keep testing you because you refused to join the dark side," Tarzan said and added a creepy witch voice.

"You're really annoying," I rolled my eyes. He's right, ever since I went back to my mother side of family he's basically treated me like a complete stranger. He's upset because my family was, and still is, more powerful and more wealthy than his. My mother fell in love with him for whatever reason and they didn't work out. They didn't even get married, he couldn't climb his way to the top and once my mother was done with him, so was the Colombo family. He lost power and decided to be on his own with his tiny foot men.

"We need to do something about this," Reno said which made me smirk. This is why he's my underboss, when I die he will take my place and Tarzan will become his underboss. Tarzan is my right hand man. The three of us make moves, give orders, can pull the trigger freely. Anyone beneath us in this hierarchy has to ask to even shit in a pot.

"War he wants? War he gets," I simply said but then my heart dropped. The kids are with Sarah and though she'd never let him do anything to them I still can't bring myself to trust anyone with my children. "I need to get back to New York, now,"

"What? Dro we just got here we need to strike back at one of his locations," Reno looked at me crazy.

I took a few steps towards him so that our noses almost touched. "Reno, this man is as petty as petty goes. His daughter has my children. I don't know if he knows that and I don't really give a scopata if he doesn't. I'm getting my kids," I know my face is red right now, my eyes are threatening to explode with tears with anger.

Reno backed away and nodded with understanding. I nodded back at him. "Now Tarzan, call the Pasquale family and let them raid this address," I pulled my phone out and sent Tarzan the location to my father's factory in Philly. He wants to play with fire, I hope he doesn't get burned. The Pasquale family have infiltrated the police force here for decades. They help take me rivals out, they get big lump sums of money.

"On it," Tarzan stepped outside with his phone on his ear.

"I have to go," I told Reno. If I had known that he would try this shit I wouldn't have Grace on the other side of New York State and I wouldn't have left my kids and came to philly. I would've packed them up and shipped them off and we would've been at war. So that's exactly what I have to do.

I don't know how to tell Grace that I'm back in a fight with a rival. She just went through so much during her pregnancy and the forced early birth. I just have to tell her the truth even though she's going to be so disappointed in me but she knew what my life would be like, she knew. Well I guess I did too before bringing a baby into the world.

"Send a van for the girls," I told Reno as we left the building and he sighed. Even he is going to get chewed out by Shay. These crazy ass women that we chose will be the death of us but we like the spice and challenge. I don't know how my grandfather had a listen to what I say wife, relationship must've been boring. No offense Nonna.

"On it," Reno groaned pulling my his phone out and dialing one of our drivers. I took the opportunity to call my sister and check on the kids.

"Hello?" Sarah answered I can hear Alessa's crying in the background. "Mama, I'm coming with your bottle okay?"

"I'm on my way, get them ready please," I simply said and she said ok then hung up. Tarzan caught up with us walking to the car and he nodded at me.

"Also, get the jet ready for the girls. Reno when we get back pack things for Shay and Lorenzo they can't be here, Tarzan you too," I told them and I can't believe I'm about to ship them off again.

*

*

*

"What's all this about?" Sarah asked me once I put the kids in the car. She gestured to the bags in the trunk.

"Come se non lo sapessi già," I eyed her and she gasped.
[As if you don't know]

"E cosa dovrei sapere esattamente, Alessandro?" She put her hand on her hips.
[And what exactly am I supposed to know, Alessandro?]

"You're fucking father declared war on me," I gritted my teeth. I try not to talk about things around Rico as much since he's started to understand and repeat conversations.

"When?" Her eyes popped out of her head. She really has no clue.

"Last night he shot up one of my 'restaurants' and stole all my food. Not a sole alive," I looked over at Rico and then shut the suv door. He's looking into our mouths a little too hard.

"How do you know it's him," she crossed her arms. I rolled my eyes and pulled my phone out.

"This is how I know," I showed her the picture of their beloved last name written in one of my men's blood on the wall.

"Shit," She muttered. "We need to go," She looked up at me. "Dro, I'm out of the game I can't keep fighting my with him during bullshit he calls upon himself with. I have a family just like you, I understand your position but Grace-,"

I put my hand up. "Don't fucking tell me anything about Grace," My nose flared. She's right but I can't hear it.

"There's a damn near six month old baby in that car and she can lose her life just by being in yours!" She snapped, tears falling down her cheek. "Texas,"

"No," I shook my head. When we were younger we took a trip to Texas just the two of us. We found this house that is near the borders of Mexico. We bought it using a fake identity. No one, absolutely no one knows about it except us.

"We'll be safe. I'll keep them safe," She knows it's about to get ugly in this city. My father has it out for him, not just from me but a lot of families have been waiting for a chance for his head. I've been the only thing holding them back. The Columbo's are the head family both in the US and Italy of the Mafia. I'm the boss but my grandfather is The Godfather. I can't even move if he says not to.

"Okay, but I'm taking the kids to Grace, they'll meet you there," My body is boiling with anger. I should've killed him years ago but I let that stop emotion of him being my father get in the way. I'm clearly no son of his.

The entire way to the meeting point Rico asked where they were going and how long it'll be till he sees his mommy.

"I swear we're almost there," I groaned. This time I wasn't lying, we pulled into a long driveway that leads to a hanger. I'm getting them out of here and I'm doing it fast because this entire time I've been on the road, blood has been shedding.

The SUV stopped and I can see my beautiful Grace running up to it. I couldn't even get out of the car fully before her fists connecting with my jaw. "What the fuck!?"

"What'd you do?! Why did I have to leave my vacation so early?!" She yelled. She didn't even wait for me to answer. She took Rico out of the car and then grabbed Alessa's car seat from the base. "Get the fucking bags right the fuck now, Alessandro,"

If she wasn't so sexy when she's mad, I'd have her ass for talking to me like that. I did comply with her though, I grabbed the kids bags out the trunk and followed her to my jet, her ass bounced even in the jeans she wore. Damn.

"Now explain to me what's going on," She said once I caught up to her.