Chapter 37

The machine beeping is driving me absolutely fucking crazy. Not the best way to wake up hung over.

"Hey ma'am, can I get a Tylenol or something," I asked the nurse who were doing Grace's vitals. She sighed and looked behind her before slipping me a small packet of Tylenol from her tray. I nodded at her in appreciation before taking the apple juice off the food tray, downing the pills with it.

We're just waiting on Grace to wake up. I'm scared shitless when she does. She doesn't know what has been going on within the last seven hours. Rico laid next to me just looking at his mom.

"Papa," His soft and tired voice called out. I looked at him, "Is the baby going to be ok?"

"I hope so," I ruffled his hair.

Seven hours earlier

"She just fainted?" The cops asked me.

"Yeah, she did. She threw up everywhere and then fainted and hit her head," I squinted my eyes at them. They think I did this? I'm drunk not a woman beater.

They nodded and wrote that on the statement and walked away. Walking back into the room where Grace is being held, I couldn't help but feel a sense of urgency. Urgency to go to where I'm holding Nina and off her. I had a team pick her up after I shot her with my tranquilizer. I brought it with me to Chicago for other purposes that I have scheduled tomorrow but I don't mind emptying a clip in her at this point.

Grace laid in the hospital bed, her curls spread all over the pillow, her beautiful dark skin a contrast to the white bed sheets. She's an absolute angel and she doesn't even know it. Her belly rose and fell with her breathing.

"Any word yet?" I asked the nurse.

"The doctor should be in shortly," She said with a shaking voice. Everyone has been looking at me funny ever since I shut down half the maternity ward. Colombo money built this hospital years ago, so I'll shut half of it down if it's for my fiancé's safety.

"Thank you," I smiled at her and she smiled back and hurried out. She didn't lie, the doctor came in right away.

"Alessandro fucking Colombo," The young doctor smiled at me.

"Poor bedside manner Vito," I laughed at my crazy cousin. "So, cugino how you been?"

"I've been good. I see you have too," He nodded toward Grace and Rico on the bed.

"Yeah," I smiled but that was quickly covered by a frown.

"She's stable. She should wake up within a few hours, her brain looked perfectly fine, that was a nasty hit on the head but she will be fine. A lot of ice, there's no swelling in her brain," Vito said to me after seeing my face.

"The baby?" I asked him.

He sighed, "She's very stressed out right now, a little too much for my comfort. Grace is about 7 months now, we are very confident that the baby will do just fine in the Nicu," He paused and let me process his words.

"We're not at the point where a csection is required but the minute Grace wakes up she'll already be induced for labor. She's not in any pain right now because she's been given an epidural. Depending on how long it takes for her to wake up, it might wear off,"

"She's not ready to come yet Vito!" I yelled. This isn't real. Grace still has two months to have this baby. We haven't even decided on a name! We were still planning the baby shower! Grace is going to have a complete meltdown!

"I know but we delivered babies as young as 23 weeks. This is the best hospital, Grace will be okay and so will your baby. She will just have to spend a few weeks at most in the NICU," He patted my shoulder and left the room.