Chapter 26

Two months later

(something looks different on Grace🤔)

We all stood still as Reno and Shay pulled on the piñata. Blue candy fell all over the grass and we all screamed. They're having a baby boy! For someone who is 7 months pregnant, she really doesn't look it. You'd think that she's only four or five months pregnant. She decided to mix a revealing party with her baby shower, to kill two birds with one stone.

Reno couldn't stop smiling and hugging Shay. All of this excitement and love floating around is making me nauseous. I looked around at the close people from the mob with a smile. Every once in a while, they'd check on me to see if I'm alright and I am. Rico is doing good with school and behaving at home, my jobs are rewarding, my friends are the best. I'm good.

I went to sit down by the sliding door that leads into the house. At least I can feel the a/c over here, even if it's just a little bit of the air. It feels so good! As I went to sit down a familiar sent made me stop. I felt hands on my back lifting me back up and my heart stopped.

Everyone stopped talking and stared at me, and the man I refuse to look at, as if they're seeing a ghost. I'm scared of who I think it may be. "Congratulations on your baby boy," The deep Italian accent flowed into my ear like a song.

"Alessandro!" Shay exclaimed and began running towards us. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up and my knees got weak. "Oh my God! Grace!"

Everything felt fake. This can't be real. This is a dream right? My body didn't make it to the ground because he caught me. He flipped me around to look at him and as soon as my eyes met his deep brown ones, I tensed up. His face full of worry, he began looking around at everyone then the frown lines left his face.

"Are you okay?" He asked me but I didn't answer. I didn't want to answer. I couldn't answer.

"She's fine," Shay told Dro. She gave me a look but I ignored it. I know what she's trying to say and I'm ignoring it. He wasn't there. Therefore, I don't owe him shit. I'm not going to do what she's telling me to do.

"Good to have you back, boss," Reno clapped Dro on the shoulder. By now, everyone went back to eating, talking and dancing. The attention was now off of us and to the party. They began speaking in Italian as if this is a normal day. I snatched his hands off of me and ran to the bathroom to throw up.

All the hotdogs I ate came right back up in their toilet. All this throwing up is starting to get very annoying and the pills I take aren't even helping. I flushed the toilet and washed my hands then rinsed out my mouth. Throughout all of this he's standing at the doorway with his arms crossed.

"What do you want?" I weakly asked. This staring game of his is getting annoying.

"Lightheaded and now throwing up? What's-"

"I'm pregnant," I told him. Yeah, he left me alone and I'm pregnant. No one to share this excitement with, no one to help me when I was throwing up, no one to rub my feet after working two jobs and dealing with a growing belly.

"No you're not," He sighed and I slanted my eyes at him. "I would've known,"

"What the hell do you mean you would've known? You keep tabs on me?" I crossed my arms at him.

"Yes, I fucking do. You've never been to the doctor," He stepped closer to me. 

"Yes I have," I rolled me eyes. "Whoever you had following me probably didn't do a good job," I tried walking away but his tall ass stood in my way.

"You're really pregnant?" He asked slowly and I slowly nodded. A smile creeped onto his face and that little dimple that I love popped out. "You're having my baby?" His smile is shining this whole bathroom up.