Chapter 24

Three months ago

"I'm glad you talked to me about it rather than just continue to ignore me," Dro smiled at me and I shyly smiled back. Telling him about the nightmare I had was hard because only my mother knows about it and even she forced it out of me.

When we went to Jamaica, I've talked to him about the house I couldn't stop staring at but I just hate thinking about it. That was a rough time in my life and whenever I think about it, it's like I can't function right.

"How's Rico dealing with the transition?" Dro asked as he lit his blunt.

"Proper English is the hardest part for him but other than that, he's good," I took a few hits before passing it back to him.

He didn't say anything except stare at me. His eyes started to get lower with each hit he took. His index finger played with my curls but his eyes never left my face. "You're honestly so beautiful," He told me.

No matter how many times he tells me I'm beautiful, I still react the same way. Blushing. I smiled at him but didn't say anything. He chuckled at my sudden shyness. As he passed me back the blunt, he picked me up to sit on his lap. While I took hits, he kissed all over my neck and pulled my shirt off.

I laughed. "Dro,".

"Hmm?" He looked up at me from my breasts. "Please?" He gave me puppy eyes with his big brown eyes.

I nodded and within a few seconds, my bra was thrown across the room. I helped him get me out of my shorts and from there, he took control. 

*

*

"You're not tired?!" I asked him.

"Babe, it hasn't been that long," He whined. I could care less, continue to whine if you want to.

"It's been two hours!! I'd like to keep my walls!" I pushed him away from me. I know that I'm going to be limping for a while because he put it down. The first time we had sex was amazing and almost passionate but today? He pounded my damn brain cells out.

"What're you doing?" Dro laughed as I looked around the living room for my bra.

"Looking for my bra," I told him with a mean mug. "Since you wanted to be fucking Tom Brady and throw my shit,"

He laughed then came up behind me and rubbed my ass. "Another round?"

"You're going to ruin my Fallopian tubes," I laughed. "Fuck it! I'll just not wear a bra,"

"Where are you going dressed like that?" Dro asked with his arms crossed.

"Getting Rico," I looked at him with a stale face.

"I'm coming with you, you're not about to have fathers getting their kids looking at your ass," Dro threw on clothes then grabbed his keys. "And we're taking my car,"

"You always want to be this macho man," I rolled my eyes at him, next thing I know I feel a sting on my ass. "Ow! What the f-"

"I told you about rolling your eyes," He smirked and I stuck my middle finger out at him. "I just fucked you,"

"I hate you," I turned away from him while he laughed like a hyena. His right hand found its way in between my thigh and it stayed like that the whole ride.

Music played as we drove to the preschool, sun shining, and I'm happy. It's been years since I've been happy. Life has a funny way of playing out, maybe I should've left Andre the minute he started beating me but I stayed and found way better.