Chapter 11

Dread in the MM. 😍😍

We touched down and I could literally smell the difference in the atmosphere. I'm home.

"You have a big smile on your face," Dro pointed out.

"It's been years," I kept looking out the window.

"Why haven't you come back? I'm sure you could've saved up enough money?" He asked and I sat down.

"Honestly?" I asked and he nodded. "I kept making excuses. Excuses about staying with Andre and the reason for it but I was scared. I think deep down inside I still loved him. Not the person he became but the person he used to be. I moved to America when I was about 18, he was my first love," I said. The plane was quiet and I sighed.

"I tried to leave before," I looked up at Dro, he just looked at me with no emotion in his eyes.

"Why didn't you?" He asked and I lifted up my shirt and pulled my pants down a little.

"We fought. That day was the first day I fought back," I smiled with the memory. "But he took a knife and dragged it across my hip to my mid thigh. I couldn't go to work or school by how bad he beat me, after that I was scared,"

"But the scar is hardly there," Dro touched it and I shivered from his freezing cold hands.

"After a while most of my scars go away. I guess I have tough skin, plus I used coconut oil," The pilot began speaking and I jumped up. "Finally!"

The doors from the plane opened and I screamed. My body was flung behind Dro and he had his gun out. "What's wrong?" He asked.

I began laughing and he his head. "Dro, I was screaming because I'm home. Plus, this is my country nothing's gonna happen to me," I stepped in front of him. "My cousins will make sure of it,"

I stepped off the plane with Dro's help and we stood there as a car pulled up. "Yuh did call fi mi?" The guy asked and I screamed again. My sister must've told my brother that I was coming, even though I told her not to tell anyone.

"Dread!" I hugged my little brother and messed his dreads up a little. My little brother is a bad ass, always doing shit he's not supposed to do and acting a fool. That's the reason I don't want to bring him to America, I know for a fact that he'll get in trouble with the law.

"Don't touch my hair, who dis?" He nudged his head to Dro. Dro now has his glasses back on and his hand in hi pocket. He casually walked over to my little brother and just stared.

"Her boss," Dro put his hand out and my brother shook it.

"What does she do for you?" My brother spoke proper English to him.

"I run a small clinic, she's a nurse," Dro kept it simple. I chuckled at his "small clinic" because he's referring to his mini hospital in the basement.

Dro looked at me with no facial expression but I can tell behind those dark shades that he's smiling at me with his eyes. I took my hand off of my brothers shoulders and walked over to get my luggage.

"I got it," Dro whispered to me.

I jumped. "How the hell did you get over here so quick?" My heart raced. I told him I don't like people sneaking up on me, it reminds me of too much.

"Sorry, I know you don't like that. Go sit in the car, I got it," He smiled at me. "I'm not as weak as I look," he showed a dimple that I've never seen before on his perfectly sculpted face.