Chapter 35

The spring breeze blew against my face as we stepped out of the private jet. Chicago is very beautiful already and the flight to New York isn't long at all, about 2 and a half hours.

"Grace," I was quickly snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Dro call my name. This isn't a galore trip. That's the first thing he told me when we boarded the plane, Rico and I have to stayed boxed up in his condo while he "handles business". I don't really care I just need a change of scenery and I can do a lot of online shopping while I'm there for the baby.

"Yes," I responded. He glared at me and I sighed. I'm not in the mood for his nagging.

"Let's go. I don't have time to sit here and breathe in pollution. The air is no different than New York," He sounded very irritated. Something must've happened while I fell asleep on the way here. I rolled my eyes at him and grabbed my purse. He held Rico while he slept and someone carried our bags for us.

We got into an all black SUV and I know for a fact it's bullet proof. Alessandro got all of our cars customized to bullet proof windows and bought another safe house and I don't even know where it is.

Our baby started kicking. I love this feeling, she's ask a very active baby too. "Babe," I called out to Dro but he was typing away on his phone. I know he is not ignoring me. I slapped the phone out of his hands.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" He asked in a low tone that sent goosebumps up my neck and not in a good way and his glare at me made me move away from him a little. Rico is in a car seat in the front row and we're sitting in the back, so there's not much space to get away. I should've sat up front with him.

"I was trying to get your attention so you can feel her kick," I said back to him.

His expression didn't change. "Grace, I was in the middle of something fucking important,"

Wow.

"Fuck you!" I whispered. "I hate you!" Tears started falling down my eyes. These hormones are going to be the absolute death of me. He rolled his eyes at me crying and picked up his phone.

"I'm not saying I don't want to feel her move, Grace. Just don't slap my phone out of my hand," He blandly said. What the hell is wrong with him? He doesn't get to just switch up like that. He rested his large hand over my growing belly.

The car ride wasn't long and I'm glad it wasn't so I could get away from his negativity. The SUV stopped in a parking garage that looked abandoned. Dro got out first and then five minutes later came back for our things and us.

"Welcome to our home," Dro tried to smile at me but I just looked at him. I'm not about to play with his bipolar ass right now.

"It's really cute and look at that view," I gasped as I looked past the living room furniture and decorations to see downtown Chicago.

"I'm going to put him down," I heard from behind me and I nodded but didn't face him. Soon I felt him wrapping his long arms around me and Destiń his chin on the top of my head. "I'm sorry," he whispered in my ear and kissed my neck.

"What's the issue?" I ignored the attempt to get me in bed even though he's very tempting.

"Just business, Grace," He sighed and I knew he was getting annoyed. "Don't worry about it," He walked away and I soon heard the shower turn on. He never came back out so I'm assuming he wants to shower alone.

Bing

He left his phone out.

Bing

Nope. Don't invade his privacy.

Bing

Bing