Something Different

Opening my eyes, I can tell something about today is different. 

It's light. It is still the gray-green light of a cloudy day in the forest, but it was clearer somehow. Looking out the windows by my dresser, I notice that there is no fog veiling my window for the first time in a while.

Jumping up, I look outside before running into Jack's room. "Jack! Get up!" 

He startles awake, noticing me quickly and quickly yanking his comforter up to his chin. "Artie! I'm only in my boxers and a tee-shirt! Get out!"

"No! I don't care! Come look out the window!" I demand, him begrudgingly doing so after grabbing some pants. 

"Woah," He whispers, a smile like my own on his face. Outside, a fine layer of snow covers the yard, dusting over everything. All the rain from yesterday has frozen solid, coating the needles on the trees in fantastic, gorgeous patterns. 

Leaving Jacks room so he can get ready, I get ready in my own before practically skipping down the stairs and I notice that Dad and Cas are already gone. It doesn't bother me though, I'm just excited to get to school, not because of all the education, but because of my new friends, and if I'm being honest, Alice and Jasper especially.  And that scares me.