Why Move to Forks?

"So," Alice begins, walking me to my car, Jasper on my other side. "Why move to Forks of all places?"

"Oh, well I was living with my Mom and Step-Dad, but decided to move in with my Dad when he got his job here."

"Was there something wrong with your mother or step-father?" Jasper asks, his accent thick.

"No, no, not in the slightest! My mom has raised me since I was born, and Daniel's an amazing guy," I assure quickly.

"Then why move?" Alice asks.

"My dad didn't find out about me until I was four and I've only gotten to spend a couple of weeks every few months with him and my other step-dad, uncle, and brother, so I figured now that my Dad has a more steady job, it'd be a good time to live with them before going off to college," I explain, us arriving at my car where Jack waits for me.

"That makes sense," Jasper nods.

"Hey Artie," Jack greets with a large smile. "Hey, uh, strangers..."

"Jackie, this is Alice Cullen and Jasper Hale, they're Edward's siblings," I explain. "Alice and Jasper, this is my brother Jack."

"It's a pleasure," Jasper greets, Jacks eyes widening at the sound of his voice.

"You're voice sounds like a cowboys from the movies Dean and I watch!" Jack exclaims giddily, making me cover my face in embarrassment.

"Jack, no," I mumble, shaking my head.

"My twin and I are actually from Texas, hense the 'cowboy' accent," Jasper explains, earning a nod from Jack.

"It's been nice talking to you Winnie, and nice to meet you Jack! We'll see you tomorrow!" Alice waves, pulling Jasper gracefully back to their siblings.

"Winnie?" Jack asks, smirking.

"Who taught you to smirk?" I question.

"Dean. Now don't try to change to subject. Winnie?"

"Based on Winchester," I explain, a blush coating my cheeks.

"Oh you like them!" He exclaims a little too loudly, resulting in me covering his mouth with my hand.

"Shhhh!"

"You so like them!" He exclaims in a whisper, slidding into the passenger seat before I can hit him with my backpack.