Baby's First Prom

"Girls! Hurry it up! Jasper and Alice are waiting outside!" Dad's voice calls up the stairs, Mom rolling her eyes from behind me in the mirror. 

"Then invite them in and be nice! I'm almost done!" Mom calls in answer, messing with my hair more. "God sometimes I wish you popped out with your father's hair. Then this would be so much easier."

"Eh I rather his eyes. I don't think I could rock blonde," I respond, her chuckling. "Plus I like looking like you."

"Awe, I'm glad you look like me too baby, I always was the looker between your father and I."

"I heard that!" 

"Dean! Leave us be!" Mom scolds. "There! Done! What do you think?"

Looking in the mirror, I'm in awe. My hair has been calmed slightly, not as frizzy as it always Is but calmer as it sits in its large mass on my shoulders. My eyes are done in a smokey look, eyeliner done to perfect and a nude lip done as to not take away from my dress, which sits perfectly on my shoulders, making me feel like a goddess. 

"I think I am so freaking happy that you decided to come back to Forks with us until Prom! I love it!" I exclaim, standing abruptly and hugging her tightly. 

"I couldn't miss out on my baby's first prom! Daniel could hand an extra week and a half on his own."

"Ladies!"

"Dean, leave them alone," Pops scolds this time, Mom and I laughing. 

"We should probably go down there before he loses it," Mom suggests, me nodding as she pulls me out of my room. "Now presenting, by best and most favorite work of art, ARTEMIS WINCHESTER!" Mom yells, waving her hands in my direction as I follow her down the stairs.

"Woah," Dad mumbles. "I mean, it's not a flannel but Sweetheart, you look gorgeous," He compliments, coming forward and kissing the top of my head. 

"Dean's right," Cas states, giving me a light hug. "You look stunning Ames."

"Your family is stealing all the compliments," Alice cuts in, drawing my attention to the living room where she and Jasper stand, more breathtaking than ever. "But you look breathtaking Winnie."

"It's a good thing we don't have to breath," Jasper jokes, making me chuckle as I take in my loves. Jasper is in a classic black tux, his tie the same red as Alice and my dresses. Alice on the other hand is in the same shade of red as I am, her dress ending just at her knees and being an old-fashioned top. 

"I- Wow. You two look... wow."

"Smooth," Dad mocks. 

"Looks like she got your flirting skills, Dean," Uncle Sam jokes, Dad hitting him. 

"Bitch."

"Jerk."

"Hey, Assbutts. Stop fighting and let Ames enjoy her night," Pops cuts in, turning to me. "Jack and his date left a half-hour ago, and he wanted to wait but your mother wasn't done yet."

"We'll see them at prom," I assure, looking to the clock on the wall. "Which we should probably head out for." 

"Uh uh! One picture then you can go!" Mom requires, pulling out her camera. 

"Say Prom!"

"Prom!" We all yell, Jasper in the center as Ali and I stand on either side of him posing. 

"All set! Have fun!" She encourages, giving me a quick hug. "I want every detail later!" 

"Of course," I assure. 

"And I want you two over bright and early to talk about it over coffee," She adds, looking to my dates. 

"Mom, they don't-"

"We'll be here, Ma'am," Jasper assures, wrapping his arm around my waist. "Let's go Darlin'," He encourages, leading us out as the rest of my family waves. 

"You know you can tell her you don't eat or drink human food, right?"

"She looks so happy!" Alice defends, resulting in a head shake. "We can sit through coffee for that."

"Fine. But you drinking dirt is on you," I warn, pointing my finger at them with a stern expression.

"Of course, Darlin'. But we'd do anything for you. Even drink dirt," Jasper assures, smirking in the rearview mirror. 

"You suave southern gentleman, you!"