Chapter 22

Tris POV

Another tiring day of seeing the initiates' fears lies before me. To be honest, this is really not a day to look forward to.

I tumble out of bed and look at my watch.  It reads 7:40. I am in a really lazy mood this morning so I don't get too stressed over this. I take a quick shower and blow dry my hair. Then I put my hair in a ponytail, quickly braid it, loop it round to make a bun and stick a few pins in to make it stay and mess it up a bit. I apply a thin coat of mascara with some slightly smokey liner and some lip balm.

I stride over to my dresser and pull out a charcoal grey cami top with a glack crop top, combat boots, ripped jeans and my leather jacket. I check the time again and it says 8:12. Relatively quick for me! With a noticeable spring in my step, I go to Tobias' appartment. When I barge in, I hear "Don't bother knocking!" In an tired, sarcastic voice and I smirk.

"Good morning to you too!" I say with fake anger.

"I thought that maybe we could have breakfast here instead," Tobias sort-of asks me.

"Sounds great to me. What are we having today, do I get a menu?" I joke.

"No! You get what you get! Which, for your cheek, will be boiled cabbage!" He says in his *scary instructor Four* voice. I can't help but laugh.

"You think it's funny do you Stiff? I bet even you got more than that in Stiffland!" He says, failing to disguise the fact that he and I are both laughing really hard.

"Ok but really, what were you planning to cook for me?"

"Well I never planned for you-"

"Tobias..." I say in my warning voice.

"Ok we are having eggy bread with fruit and homemade muffins."

"Sounds fantastic but what exactly is eggy bread?"

"It's basically bread soaked in egg and kind of fried."

"Can't wait!" I enthuse whilst grinning A LOT.

I kiss him on the cheek, wrap my arms around his neck and kiss his ear. Then I settle my head on his shoulder and breathe in his scent. We breathe perfrctly in sync, both relaxed and calm. His had deftly flips the eggy bread and the side that has been cooked is a perfect golden-brown.

"How did you learn to do that, " I say, my voice full of awe. But as soon as the words escape my lips, I know the answer. Marcus. He doesn't answer, presumably because he guessed that I already know.

I kiss his rough cheek and let him finish the preparation for breakfast. Less than a minute later, I have a plate filled with a slice of eggy bread that practically glows and a glass full of freshly squeezed orange juice - and by fresh I mean Tobias squeezed the orange before my eyes!

"I really can't thank you enough Tobias, I have never had anything like this in my life. When can we do this again?" I ask with a wink meaning I REALLY appreciate this.

"I don't know... once a week?"

"Really?! Omgoodness are you serious?" I practically yell at him.

"Yes I am serious Christina." He chuckes and we dig in to the sumptuous treat.

When I was about half-way-through my eggy bread, a series of short, high-pitched beeps rang out and Tobias got up. I got up too - was it a fire bell? He raises his brow, quizzical, and opens the cooker. Oh I get it now. MUFFINS!!!!!

As soon as he passes me my muffin, I take an enormous bite into it - warm, fluffy and buttery - and chew the heavenly food as it melts in my mouth. I take another huge bite, even though I am not hungry, and warm, liquid chocolate explodes in my mouth. I have only had chocolate on dauntless cake before but I would give up all of my dauntless cake to eat this every day!

After my delicious surprise breakfast, Tobias leads me to the training room. And standing there, we see Eric.

"Long time no see Eric. Where have you been eh?" I project with a smirk to try and look confident when I am really not.

"That is none of your business but this is!" He says, aiming to knee me in the stomach snd punch me in the jaw. But luckily for me, my reactions are quick so I step to the right, avoiding his hit.

He grits his teeth in anger and before I know it, me and Eric are in a fully-fledged fight. Our bodies are a tangle of vicious weapons, fists connecting with whatever they find, in other words complete mayhem. I manage to wrestle Eric onto the floor so I slam my forearm into his chest, winding him and punch his jaw as hardas possible then I get up and kick him in the ribs several times.

I keep an eye on him, just incase he wants to use the element of surprise. He appears to be out cold but I don't trust him not to be lying. It's kind of odd - I find Eric and I end up beating him to pulp. I just wonder why he started the fight in the first place. I mean it's not like we were ever close to being friends but it is a bit random and it gives me an uncomfortable feeling...

By now, the initiates had gathered and many of them were cheering and whooping like only the dauntless can. I scan the group and find all the initiates and Will. Great, let's go. Wait, where's Uriah?

Maybe he's just late or forgot about it, which seems likely, but I ask Will anyway.  "Where's Uriah?  Has anyone seen him this morning?" This was mainly addressed to Will but also partly to the initiates.

Will grimly shook his head and the initiates followed suit. Hmmmmm suspicious. Uriah is very noticeable and if no one has noticed him yet then that could be bad. Or he could just be trying to play a prank on us. An uneasy feeling shivers up my spine telling me that this is no joke and that somehow, these 2 incidents are linked.

A/N ok so I wanted to add in a little bit of suspense to get up to my main plan for the story. I am aiming to make it not like divergent but different to most fanfics.

Disclaimer: as I am sure you know I AM CLAIMING NO RIGHT TO DIVERGENT OR THE CHARACTERS. THEY ALL BELONG TO VERONICA ROTH! :)

Thank you so much for 1.34k views!!!!! This is absolutely incredible!

I verbally dedicate this chapter to lisa12xoxo (because I don't know the other way if there is one!) . She inspired my style of writing and she inspired my to actually publish this. I do know her outside of wattpad but seriously her fanfics are amazing!

She does a THG Clato fanfic and has started an alexbelle fanfic (actors of Cato and Clove)

Look up her username and U'll find em.

So yh sorry for the thin plot line I hope that it will get more exciting gor you guys!

Alrighty then
See ya xx
Yolo
Lolakitten123 xxxxxxxxx