Chapter 5

A/N thank you all so much for reading my story. It is my first one and it really means a lot. I am so sorry I haven't updated in ages but that's because I lost my phone then had the flu so yh..  sorry about that. On with the story...

A couple of weeks later...

Tris POV

The alarm clock wakes me up at 6:30 and I groan. Another exhausting day lies ahead of me and I can be certain that Eric will not show any mercy any more than he did yesterday. Bleary eyed and zombie-like I drag myself into the shower. 15 mins later I get out again and make my way to the dresser. I pull out my black studded skinny jeans, a tight-fitting black lace tank, my combat boots and a black leather jacket. I brush and straighten my hair and fasten it in a high ponytail, apply mascara and turn on the tv in order to watch the news. I see Jeanine Matthews, the leader of the Erudite, which makes me cringe but I remember that she always presents the 7:00 news. I sigh - nothing new on the news just the weather and how the divergent threaten the system. At 7:30 the program ends so I catch up on my favourite program dauntless cake and chill for half an hour. I need to be in the combat training room by 9 so I go and check on Tobias; I haven't seen him around so much recently so I guess that he has had to be in the control room a lot recently.

Anyway when I get to the door I hear the shower running and I doubt he'll hear me if I knock, so I wait outside. The canteen doesn't open until 8:30 so I'll either wait the whole time for him and end up going there still not having seen him in weeks, or he'll come out of the shower and I'll finally see him again. My goodness I have missed him! The water turns off and I mentally punch the air. I'll give him a minute then I'll knock then I'll give him another minute before walking in. Sounds like a good plan to me. I knock on the door then look at my silver watch and time 1 minute. Ha he is not at the door by 1 min on the dot so I turn the handle and sneak in.

Great! He has his back to me. I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss his ear. At first he tenses but as he realises it's me he relaxes completely. It's only when he turns around that I realise he is topless. I blush red and he pulls me into his bare chest, enveloping me in his arms and freshly damp warmth. He kisses my forehead then he finds my lips we kiss until we need to pull back for air and after that we kiss again, pulling closer, closer until there is barely any space between us. We pull back again only to sigh and stare into each other's eyes. His beautiful,  clouded deep blue eyes that are so stormy and remind me of the night sky. "We should probably get to the canteen now - it's quater to beautiful. " he brings me back to real life. That's ages that we were together! He pulls on a grey t-shirt and I blush and look like I have just come in from the snow. We join hands and make our way to the canteen.

I pick some dauntless cake but I am not really hungry so I give half of it to Tobias.Probably not my best idea as I will be training a lot today.  I hope I will see some improvement because to be quite honest with you, I am terrified about training the initiates.  I arrive at the combat training room but Eric's already there so I don't get a rest. First we work on punching the punch bag. I can't even get it to swing yet like in initiation where I only got 1st place because of my divergence, which is nothing to boast about. So by lunch I am pretty downhearted because I made no visable improvement or progress whatsoever.  After lunch we will get onto firing a gun and throwing nives which recieces less time because I am stronger at both of them. I miss a few times with the gun but hit every time with the knives. I am a bit disappointed with the misses but it could have gone a lot worse.

I give a mixed report to Tobias when he askes me at dinner how I did. I said that I mainly made no improvement and maybe even got worse and I was exhausted but he said that was just the way of the learning curve so I shouldn't worry too much. I thanked him and said I didn't know what  I would do without him. What could have been a romantic moment turned into a sarcastic comment of "I don't know either" I say an equally sarcastic "thanks" but he just ignores it. I have a difficult time sleeping so I can't think tomorrow will go well...

*time lapse*

I have been training for 2 weeks now and still I haven't seen any improvement. Tobias reassures me that it will come together soon but I am beginning to doubt it and think he's just saying that to calm me down. Who knows if I'll ever be able to train initiates...

A/N thanks again for reading this. Any suggestions as I always say are welcome. I love writing this and I hope you enjoy reading it. Be back soon fingers crossed...