I want him dead

"Someone help!" Monty shouts as he carries me in. There was blood everywhere. He gets a few doctors attention and the run over to where we all are.

"What in the world happened." Alex's mom runs over.

"I don't know it was just a punch and now..i" monty tries to get out.

"Mom someone punched her right where the baby was." Alex says.

The doctors get me onto a chair and wheel me into a room. "Who's the father." Another doctor says.

"I Am." Monty look up at him.

The doctor tell monty to come in.

"OK sweetie we don't have a lot of time so we're gonna have to take the baby out now." ,Sophie,  Alex's mom says.

"Why don't you have a lot of time?" Monty asks.

"This is very rare but whoever punched her did it very hard and the baby is still very fragile so if we don't get it out now it could die.

I go pale. "Shit." Monty mutters.

I take a steady breath as they get me ready and put me through a few tests before.

I grab monty's hand and he squeezes It. It looks like he's freaking out more the me right now. "Hey she or he will come out just fine and I think this will be the best birthday gift I could give you." I say trying to calm him down.

He gives me a little smile and kisses my head. The doctors tell me to push and then the pain hits me straight away.

"OK Riley just one more push." Sophie says.

"I can't." I say tears streaming down my face.

"Riley please just do it for me." Monty says squeezing my hand.

I take a deep breath and push harder then I did before. "She's out." Sophie says smiling.

"She!?" Monty says wide eyed.

I laugh a bit but then I realise she's not crying. "Wait why isn't she Crying." I ask concerned.

The doctors all surround the baby. "OK were just gonna help her out a little bit sometimes it takes a few seconds sometimes minutes before the babies cry."

I sigh in relief. "You did great babygirl." Monty says.

"OK she's not breathing get her a tube." I hear a doctor says.

"What why isn't she breathing is that normal." I say panicking again.

Sophie comes up to me. "It's OK she's gonna be OK."

"Is she?" I ask.

"Of course sweetheart..she's just having some trouble I'll do all I can to help her." Sophie says.

I nod my head believing her.

Me and monty hear bits and bobs of the conversation but we don't really know what's happening

A few minutes later Sophie comes to the other side of my bed with the baby in her arms. I smile at her sleeping but Sophie doesn't  look so happy. "I'm so sorry honey." Sophie says.

"She's OK right?" I ask.

"She didn't make it." Sophie says.

Monty completely freaks out. Tears steam out of his eyes and he storms out the room.

"But..you said..." I try to get it out my mouth but i can't speak.

"Would you like to hold her..sometimes it comforts mothers." She says.