Chapter 24

Gun slapped and cursed himself a million times as he stared at his reflection.

It has been nearly a week since Off's birthday ball and his surprising question of marriage towards Gun but the actor could not seem to get over how he reacted and how the whole situation went.

"Marry me, Gun Atthaphan."

"What?" He asked incredulously.

"Marry me," Off repeated as he smiled and cupped Gun's face. "I don't want to marry Lai. I don't want to marry someone else. I want you, Gun. I love you."

Gun's whole life flashed before his very eyes. The moment he made friends at school. His first ever major role in a school theater. Moving to London and then back to Thailand. Meeting his best friends Sing and Lee. Seeing Off for the first time and falling in love with him. It all reminded him of how good life could be and how good life could get.

Just as he was about to answer, Tay appeared and said, "Dude, I'm really sorry but your parents are looking for you."

"Wait, give us a second to-"

"No, no, no, it's fine," Gun insisted, relief flashing his eyes as he was pulled out from such a hard situation.

"No, Gun, we-"

"Off, I think it's best if we head inside before your father gets angry."

The mention of his father made Off flinched. He clenched his jaw as he looked down at their entangled hands and said, "Okay."

It's not like Gun didn't want to get married to Off. Hell, ever since he saw Off five years ago, he had always been dreaming about waking up next to him every morning and kissing him good night. Marrying the prince would be a dream come true but the reason why he reacted that way and pushed the topic aside was because he was genuinely surprised. Getting asked for his hand in marriage by someone he was obsessed with for years wasn't exactly the most calming and relaxing situation one could be in.

When they went inside back to the mansion, the prince was too occupied with the guests to even bother talking to him again although Off would check on him once in a while. The night ended with him not having a chance to talk with him privately again and a week later, he was slapping himself out for panicking. He was worried Off might get the wrong idea that he didn't want to get married to him.

The press didn't give them a chance to breathe either. Once again, various pictures of them from the ball escalated and became viral online. They haven't read any news article but they saw their faces plastered on the front page of every tabloid sold on the streets. Right now, Off and Gun weren't as affected as they were before. They learned how to deal with the press and that is not to deal with them. The number of press outside his condominium building wasn't getting any less and Off said the same but Gun's securities learned how to tame them when they got too rowdy and too pushy.

Later that night, he was surprised by his family when they barged in without knocking while Gun was half naked, freshly showered.

That didn't stop his mother from running towards him and giving him kisses all over his newly scrubbed face. He may be the eldest child of his mother but he will always be a baby to her.

"Oh, Gun sweetie, I've missed you so much!" His mother gushed as Gun winced at each kiss his mother made but he didn't protest. He missed his family too.

His parents bought groceries for him and his mother cooked them dinner. Gun was happy to eat a home cooked meal prepared by his mother since he realized he had been eating nothing but fast foods these past few weeks.