Chapter 1

"Prince Off, King Ryan summons you."

Off sighed, thinking, What does he want with me now?

"I will be there. Thank you."

The servant nodded and closed the door of his room.

Off checked his reflection in the mirror. He had just woken up from his afternoon nap and the least thing he wanted to do is to meet his father with a drool on his face.

He decided to change his clothes into more proper ones for he was sure he'd be scolded if he faced his father with his boxers and sleeveless shirt on.

"Prince Off, your father wants to see you now. Immediately." It was one of his personal security guards, which technically is actually his father's security personnel and is just tasked to look out for him.

"Coming! Jesus, don't y'all have patience?"

He hurried downstairs to meet his dad who was at his coffee table by the porch. His father was calmly sipping his freshly brewed coffee and Off knew he was screwed.

He knows already.

"Sit down," His father said, his voice as dangerous as the sea.

Off was a tough one, always breaking the rules yet he knows when to obey. And that is now. His father was clearly furious, and this was masked by his calm, gentle aura.

The calm before the storm.

"Have you seen this?" His father threw the newspaper that he was flipping a few moments ago.

Off stared at it, not surprised that he made it to the front page. Again.

Why do they care so much about my life?

"I said, have you seen this?" His father echoed his words.

Off shook his head. "No, father."

"But this happened, right? Tell me the truth, Jumpol."

Okay, he's using my real name now. I'm seriously screwed.

Off has no other choice but to nod. His picture was taken blurrily but there was no doubt that it was him.

He was with his friends Tay and Arm, and his arms were wrapped around some girl he can't remember the name of, who was wearing a skimpy dress and some high heels. It happened two nights ago and he was even surprised that the media was late in flashing his private life on the tabloids.

"Yes, father."

"How many times do I have to tell you that you are not a common person! You are a prince, Jumpol, and you need to act like one!" His father's voice was loud enough to be heard all over their house. Their mansion was big enough to cater a football match, so that is saying something.

"Father, I am so sorry." Off apologized not because he was truly sorry, but in order for this conversation to end. He's the kind of person who doesn't like to be scolded. He is a free soul.

"I would have believed you if you meant that, Off."

"I do, father."

"You do? Then why do you keep on doing it, son? For heaven's sake, you have always been the feast of the media! Every single week, you manage to get yourself in trouble, be snapped at random hotel bars, and you often go home drunk! Aren't you ashamed of yourself?"

Off hanged his head low. It was definitely not the time to talk back. He might get....

"You're grounded."