Chapter 5

"Gun Atthaphan, huh? You are one of a kind, Off," Tay smirked as he crossed his legs, making himself comfortable in his own space on the couch, and scroll through the gossip site for more.

"What do you mean I'm one of a kind?" Off asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

"You managed to get him. Gun Atthaphan. The Gun Atthaphan," Tay said.

"I told you, we just bumped into each other. I know him because he's a celebrity. He knows me, well, obviously because I'm the prince. It's just that simple," He said.

"No, it isn't Jumpol," Tay said.

"How come, Tawan?" Off shot back at his friend with the same mocking tone.

"You don't smile at us like that. Your smile in this picture is a million times bigger and I don't know, it's like, there's something more," Tay said as he zoomed in on the photo.

"I can give you the same exact smile I had in that photo," Off said and demonstrated a smile, trying to mimic the smile he gave Gun in the photo.

"No, no. That's very different from this," Tay said and pointed to his phone. "That smile you're giving me right now is so forced, Off. Your smile here...it's so natural."

"Can you stop?" Off said, irritated.

Despite Tay's constant teasing, he himself was pleased at the photograph of him and Gun. It wasn't in the best quality and he usually doesn't like being photographed by the press but the photo that was spreading online has a pretty good angle where it shows both his and Gun's grin. He smiled at the photo. He secretly saved it on his phone. He took a quick glance at Tay who was still immersed in the article where he and Gun were in.

It was the morning after Gun's live interview and although he wasn't watching television yesterday night, he was tagged by a lot of people on Instagram and Twitter in a photo of him and Gun that was spreading rapidly online. He checked it out and was surprised at the photo but instead of getting angry, which is his usual reaction when he is photographed on his private getaways, he actually looked at the photo and saw it as cute.

"Award winning actor Gun Atthaphan and Mr. Royal himself Off Adulkittiporn was photographed outside a coffee shop in America. They look like cozy friends catching up under the rain."

He snorted at the caption on one of the posts that he was tagged in. He can't consider him and Gun friends. He surely remembered him as the guy who ran away from him three years ago and he was quite surprised when he saw him on TV a few months after that. He saw Gun rise in fame and made a name for himself but he would always be that cute little drunk guy who kissed him in their hotel room three years ago.

Off never forgot him, but Gun seemed to have erased him in his memory. Well, that's what he thought until they bumped at each other two weeks ago in America. He was getting himself some coffee, just to awaken his tired body since he doesn't want to sleep his way through his vacation. He was strutting in the coffee shop and the first person he noticed was the guy whose attention was outside the shop, looking at the people passing by, just aimlessly staring at nothing. Off seemed to notice he was in his own world but when he tilted his head a little to put his coffee down, he was stricken with familiarity.

Gun Atthaphan, he thought to himself.

He quickly ordered his drink, constantly taking a glance back to the superstar, afraid he might not be there anymore but Gun sat still in his wooden chair, his eyes gazing at the outside road. When Off's drink arrived, he picked a table where he could observe Gun without him looking like a weirdo. It was a little bit far from Gun, but it was somewhat across from the celebrity's table so he could perfectly see his face.