32

Slowly, i feel the blindning rage and hatred leave me. When it fades away, i realize how much of my powers i used and i grimace a little. My heads starts hurting and i feel weak. But i stand tall. Showing weakness right now will lead to my death. I dont blame King Lucas for wanting to kill me after what i just did. I kinda feel foolish for letting my anger get the better of me.

    I slowly walk in front of King Lucas's throne. I curtsy elegantly, bowing down to show him that i can be respectful. I look up to see him looking at me calculatively. He looks like he wants to kill me himself but he is not sure how i would react. I mean i did put all his guards down. I glance at Cheryl, she looks surprised with what happened. I take a deep breathe in and start speaking :

  "I apologise for my earlier behaviour Your Majesty. It was short sighted of me to let my anger get the better of me. I mean you and your family no harm. I came here to show you that i am not a threat and i wont be. But i did not do well. In the last one week, i discovered the existence of vampires and that i am a half-vampire. I discovered how i was not allowed to exist. I was hunted by your Hunters. I found out that the woman i thought was my mother wasnt my birth mother. My birth mother had abandoned me and her family a long time ago and that my biological father had done the same. My grandfather and grandmother died protecting me and my whole life i have been under house arrest.

  "I am not only half vampire and half human, i am descended from the witch who created vampires. My grandmother died while trying to make sure that i lived and prospered. Like other Half-vampires, i wont lose myself to bloodlust. I will fight it and i wont be a danger. I am an asset. I am as strong as four witches and stronger than two vampires. You yourself saw the extent of my powers. If i am so strong untrained, think how strong i would be with the right training.

  "I know we got off on the wrong foot. I know you can have me executed but i dont think that it is going to be wise. I do not like rebellions and slaughters. I just want to live and be happy. I am not going to beg for my life, nor am i going to back down if i am being killed for the wrong reasons. You are a wise and just king. All i am asking is for a second chance. I will stay here as long as you wish. I will show that i am worthy of living and prospering.

   "You have lived for centuries and you know that patience and hard work always pays off. I promise you that i wont dissapoint you. I just ask for a second chance. I just want to live and i will not mind working for you. I will strive to do my best. I am very new to all this and i was just very hurt and angry at everyone for lying to me my entire life. I promise i am much better when i am not angry." I say.

  I end my little speech with a smile. Both the rulers studied me carefully as i spoke. I think i was being quite reasonable. My loyalty in return for my life. It was a good deal. Now that i had seen how much destruction i had caused, i wanted to explore my powers more. I wanted to be strong and help people. King Lucas was a good king and working for him wouldnt be very bad.

  I looked at them, while i felt myself growing more and more tired. The magic had drained me. But not much. There was utter silence as King Lucas regarded me. His eyes were narrowed and he sat down on his throne. His eyes moved to his unconscious gaurds and Hunters and then back to me. He looked at Cheryl. She was already looking at him and then she nodded. It was very subtle but I saw it.

  "You have been a pain from the moment i knew of your existence. But it was not entierly your fault. I am willing to pardon you if you prove yourself to be worthy of it. You have proved a few things today. You are lethal and you also know how to turn the situations in your favour. You can be a great asset but for that you need to be disciplined and loyal. I will make sure your training begins soon. Till then, you are welcome to live her." King Lucas spoke.

  He spoke very carefully. His voice sounded a lot like Edwin. I grinned as i heard what he said. I bowed and thanked him. He nodded and then told Andrian to escort me to the room we will be staying in. Edwin and Catherine stayed back. I smiled at both of him before walking away with Andrian. He held my hand like he was afraid i would run away.

   We walked in silence. I didnt pay attention to where we were going. Everything that had happened was hitting me now. I could hardly walk without falling down. My head had started hurting and it felt like someone had drained the life out of me. After a few minutes, Andrian and i stopped in front of two doors. There weren't huge like the throne roon doors but they were huge.

   He opened them without an problem and we walked in. He left my hand and then closed the doors behind us. I noticed that our bags were here and then i noticed the magnificent room. It was huge. Like really huge. There was a fireplace and huge windows. A huge wardrobe and chairs. But the best part about the room was the bed. It could fit in like 5 people and had dozens of cushions.

   I removed my shoes and and walked around the room a little. There wasnt any electricity here. There were just candles but there were enough for us vampires. The room's decor was dark. The carpet i walked on was lush and soft. I walked towards the bed. I just wanted to lay down and sleep forever but i couldnt do that in these clothes. I huffed a little and opened one of the bags.

  I thought i had opened my bag but i had opened Andrian's. I looked at him and saw him leaning against a wall, looking at me. I smiled at him and then took a huge tshirt from his bag. He didnt seem to mind me stealing it. I went to the dressing room and quickly changed. I washed off the makeup and let my hair free. Then i literally ran towards the bed and jumped on it. I laughed as i bounced on it.

  It was a really nice bed. Without further ado, i snuggled deep under the covers of the bed. It was so warm and comfortable. I wanted to fall asleep immediately but then i looked at Andrain. He hadnt moved from his position but he was looking at me. I kinda felt bad about losing it earlier. I put his life into danger and he can still be killed because he is my fake boyfriend.

  "I am sorry about what happened. Did it hurt a lot when i was hurting the other vampires?" I ask him, my voice sounding really small.

  "I dont know why but when you cause others pain, it doesnt seem to affect me. I can sense what they were going through but it didnt hurt me." He says and i feel relieved. I smile at him and feel butterflies in my stomach when his lips curve up a little.

  "You did good. I dont know how but you made a good impression on the King. He is not very forgiving but you impressed him." He tells me, walking towards the bed.

  "Thank you. I dont know what took over me and what i spoke but i am just glad to be alive." I tell him. The bed dips a little as he lays down beside me.

  "You are tired. Rest now. You will need it." He tells me a little sternly. His eyes hold mine as i smile at him and then obediently close my eyes. Within a few seconds, i fall asleep.