20

Caspian is a decent vampire. He apologised for scaring me by bringing me flowers. Even though i was very rude to him, he was always very respectful and kind. After a month, i started trusting him. He made Cheryl very happy. I had never seen her glow like that. Everything seemed to be going well. Dad was happy and so was Cheryl.

  One day, i came home to find Cheryl in the bed. She was fast asleep. I touched her arm to find her skin temperature extremely hot. She had high fever. I woke her up and gave her tablets. She was shivering and felt very tierd. After sometime, she fell asleep again. I went and looked for Caspian.

   Caspian rushed back in and stayed with her until her fever subsided a little. When father came home, he didnt come home alone, he came home with mom. I had not seen my mother in almost 5 years. She and dad had separated and she had disappeared from our lives. Seeing her again, i almost passed out.

   When mom met Cheryl, she hugged her tight and mom whispered something to Cheryl. Cheryl's fever immediately disappeared. During the next few days, our mother spent a lot of time with us. She told us about her travels and about her friends. It felt good to have her back in our lives but i feared she wasnt here only because she missed me and Cheryl.

   Over the next few weeks, Cheryl started behaving a little strange. She started eating twice of what she would usually eat. She felt very tired too but she seemed to be glowing more. She also seemed much more happy. After a few weeks, she started developing a round belly. I tried talking to her about what was going on with her but she kept evading me.

   One day, I came home a little early. When i stood outside the door to my room, i could hear my mother and Cheryl arguing about something. I opened the door to find Cheryl crying. And my mother looking very angry. I looked between the two of them. What was happening in this house?

  "What is going on here?" I asked them.

  "Elena you need to know how crazy our mother is. She didnt come back into our lives casue she missed us. She came back here because she had too." Cheryl told me. I felt hurt that mom had ulterior motives but it was foolish of me to ever believe otherwise.

  "Mom, what does Cheryl mean?" I ask our mother.

   "You both should sit down for this." Mother replied with a sigh. Cheryl and i sat down on the bed.

   "You both know about the existence of vampires. There are other super natural beings that exist among humans. I am one of them. I am witch. That is one of the reasons i left all of you. When you both were born, you had inherited witch powers. You both were very strong. But i wanted you both to have normal lives. So i took away both of your powers and absorbed them. I found a coven of witches who were willing to let me be a part of their coven. So i left you and your father and lived with them. The three of you deserved to live normal lives. Thats why i left you. But a few days ago, i had a vision and my visions are usually correct. I had a visions that Cheryl was involved with super naturals. I came here to see if that is true." Mom explained.

  I couldnt process everything she told me. My mothet was a witch. And so were me and Cheryl before she took away our powers. Now she was back because she had a vision that Cheryl was involved with super natural beings which is true. Both Cheryl and i stared at our mother for a few moments before Cheryl started freaking out.

  She kept bombarding mom with questions and mon tried her best to answer them. I just sat there, not listening to anyone but processing everything. After sometime of listening to them, i asked both them both to stop talking and they did.

  "Is there something else you want to tell us mother?" I asked her and mom looked away. I dont know why but i suspected that she was still hiding something. After a few moments of silence, mom faced us again, her expression grave.

  "In the vision, a voice told me that Cheryl is going to gift the world with a warrior. That warrior will be one of a kind. And they will save the world. I didnt know what that meant. But when i came here, i understood one thing : Cheryl is pregnant." My mother said.

  The room door opened suddenly and i jumped. The diary fell out of my hands and fell down on the floor. I look up to see Andrian looking at me with an amused expression on his face. I glare at him. He always ruins things. I get the diary and look at him.

  "What do you want?" I ask him.

   "The Hunters are awake. We have to go down and talk things out." He tells me and i feel like i cant breathe anymore. My eyes widen and i have the urge to run away. Andrian's eyes soften and he walks towards me.

  "Its ok. No one is going to hurt you. If i sense any signs of danger, i will get you out of here." He tells me, his melodious voice a little gentle and i feel better. I smile at him and then we both make our way downstairs.  In the living room, all the Hunters are gathered together. Edwin and Catherine are also there. 

   As soon as the Hunters spot me, they surround me, snarling ferociously. They look ready to pounce at me. Andrian moves to stand in front of me and i try my best to gather my courage. I look at who looks like the leader as he has a silver trinket on his black cloak. He looks the scariest. I control  my fear and take slow and casual steps towards him.

  I stop in front of him when we are face to face. I stare him down. I may have hurt them and broken their necks but they are here to hunt me. So its a fair game. These Hunters look different than normal vampiers. Their skin looks sickly pale and translucent. And their pupils are completely red. There is something very feral about them.

   Even though a part of me wants to run away and hide, i stand my ground. I am not going to let them intimidate me. I am strong and brave and i am not going down without  a fight.

  "That is enough. Back off. We are not going to opt for violence before having a civilised discussion." Edwin speaks with such authority that even i want to obey him.

  "But Your Highness...." one of the Hunter starts and Edwin raises his hand up to stop him.

  "You do know that capturing me and my mate is a offence and you all can be killed but i am willing to let that go if you walk away from this town and let this half-vampire live." Edwin says. I feel cared for when he says that.

  The leader scoffs, still staring at me, his fangs out. I stare back and do something that surprises everyone, including me. I snarl at him. And let me tell you, i snarled really scarily. Everyone's eyes widened and the leader actually blinked and took a step back. Chantel : 2. Hunters : 0.

  "We cannot let this half-blood live. She is very strong and can cause havoc." The leader says, turning towards Edwin.

  "We know that she is strong. That is why we can use her as an advantage. Think of how useful she will be to us." Edwin tells.

  "She will be but we cannot ignore that she attacked us." The Hunters argues.

  "She just defended herself. You are the one after her life." Catherine replied. The Hunters pondered over what had been spoken.

  "Even if we do let her live, who is to guarantee she wont turn into a monster? If you do take responsibility of her, why would she listen to you?" The Hunter asked and we were all speechless.

  They do have a point there. I just met these people a few days ago. Even though i will listen to them, thats not a guarantee. I need some sort of solid bond to these people. Suddenly, i felt Andrian's arm around my waist and i inhaled sharply, my body tingling.

  "We can assure you that she wont go rogue because she is my girlfriend." Andrian spoke confidently in his melodious voice.