3

2 weeks later.

My first day of school. I am so excited. I got dressed to impress. So well in the past two weeks, i unpacked and searched everything i could on high school. I went to the school almost everyday for my admissions. And i also had to look for all my marksheets which the proof that i had studied till now.

So the principle of our school is Mrs. Young. But she is not young. She has eyes which are kind yet watchful and always has her grey hair tucked into a neat bun. Somehow whenever she looks at me, i feel like she is reading my mind. She is kind though. She let me become one of her students.

So i was standing in front of the mirror and i couldnt help but smile at my appearance appreciatively. I wore a teal blue tank top, a white plaid skirt, knee high black boots and my black coat. I had completed the look with mascara and a nude lipgloss. My hair was tied up in a half up do. I carried a black bag with all the necessary books and stationary.

Today is going to be an amazing day. I can pratically feel how amazing it is going to be. I walk into the kitchen to find mom making pancakes. I thank her and quickly devoure my pancakes and coffee. Over the two weeks, i made conscious effort to spend more time with mom. And she seemed to like spending time with me. We also had a few heart to heart.

Mom smiled at me but the smile did not reach her eyes. She hasnt exactly been happy but nor has she been cold and harsh and that is very good.

You look beautiful, honey." She compliments me and i smile.

"Thank you mom." I reply, my voice cherry.

"I know you are very excited for today Chantel. But you have to be very careful. Do not do something stupid and ruin things." She tells me and i feel my heart fall.

She always thinks that i mess up. I always try not to get in anyone's way. But she is right, when i was a child, i threw a lot of temper tantrums and i did ruin many things. Sometimes its like something or someone has taken over me and i just have a need to destroy everything. I havent felt like that in a few years though.

I dont know but i just see red and feel so much pain that i cant help but lash out. I usually pass out after sometime and dont remember what actually happened. I have woke up many time to see holes in the wall, furniture thrown across the room and glass shattered. It is really scary when that happens.

I cannot control it but it makes me hate myself so much. This is also one of the reasons i did not attend normal school. But from the past few years, i have been working on myself and i can proudly say that i havent had an outburst for 2 and half years now. I smile and nod to what mom says while trying to push those memories away.

Mom drops me to Sutton High, the high school I will be attending. It is beautiful. There are trees all around and the buildings are lemon yellow and blue. The parking area is huge. The cars parked are gorgeous. There are just so many people around, its scary. I turn to look at my mother, trying to reassure myself.

"Dont worry, honey. You are going to do great." She tells me and then hugs me. I smile and hug her back. She doesn't give hugs so i feel pretty special when she does. I smile at her once again before getting out of the car. Many people turn to look at me. I take a deep breathe, square my shoulders, raise my chin and strut towards the school building.

I feel many eyes following me but i dont let it affect me much. I hear whispers and i catch the phrases : new girl, hot, nice hair. I smile at those words, feeling a little more confident. I look down at my time table after i enter the building. I smile as i see that i have AP Literature as the first period. Before that, i go look for my locker.

I find my locker in the midst of very beautiful girls. They are tall, skinny, with long legs, perfect skin and silky hair. They kinda look like models. They are 3 of them. They all stopped talking and looked me. I smiled at them and i felt relieved when they all smiled back at me. I opened my locker and grabbed my books.

I just didnt know which classroom i was supposed to go to. So i gathered some courage and turned to the girls.

"Hi! I am new here. So could you please tell me which classroom i am supposed to go to?" I asked them with a smile, showing them my time table. The middle girl who was the prettiest looked down and nodded. I exhaled in relief, she might help me. She looked up and called out : " Mason!"

I turned around to see a really good looking boy coming towards us. He had perfectly tanned skin, curly dark hair and chocolate brown eyes. While he walked towards us, he smiled at many people and he seemed like a nice person. He gave an easy and confident vibe.

"Yes, Mia?" He asked the pretty girl in front of me. And now that i look at both properly and together, i realize how similar they look. They have the same skin, features and hair. They must be siblings, i conclude.

"She is new here and needs a guide. Her time table is exactly like yours. So i thought you could be her guide." Mia tells Mason. Mason turns to look at me and i smile at him. He smiles at me and then puts his arm around my shoulder. He starts guiding me and i walk with him. I turn around and thank Mia quickly.

"So whats your name new girl?" He asks me.

"Chantel." I reply. He smiles at that.

"Beautiful name. I am Mason and i am officially your guide." He replies and i smile at him.

We walk in comfortable silence. With every step we take, Mason talks to atleast 2 people. I can tell that he is pretty popular. And i get many curious glances as he steers me around. His arm around my shoulders is strange, like no one has ever done that before but it doesnt feel bad. I feel a little relieved when we arrive to our classroom.

Mason and i sit next to eachother and start talking. Its really easy to talk to him. I feel free being here. I feel grateful that i made friends. I also dare to hope that i might have a really good high school experience. But little do i know how bad that turns out to be.