Part 26

Trevor's POV

      She steps out wearing her regular jeans and a long sleeve shirt. I feel eyes on me when I look up I'm met with her cold green eyes and I can't help but feel horrible. I walk up to her. "Hey Kelsey." I say with a smile and she looks at me and walks right past me ignoring me and everyone else as she walks into the school. "Dude just give her time." Luke says as he pats me on the back and walks into the school followed by Dennis and I. 

     Kelsey's POV

     I walk right past the boy I love and enter the school. I take a seat in the front of the class as the bell rings. I see Luke Dennis walk into the classroom taking their seats behind me followed by Trevor who sits next to me. "Psst Kelsey?" I hear Trevor whisper towards me and I continue ignoring him and manage to during the whole class. As soon as the bell rings I make a beeline for the classroom door and get lost in the crowd. As I reach my locker I hear laughing. "Look whos back?" I hear Shelly say. I take a deep breathe and try to walk past but she grabs my arm. 

      "Let me go." I say sternly and she and her friends continue laughing. "What are you gonna do about it? Call your daddy? Oh wait hes in jail." She smirks and I see a crowd forming in the middle of the hallway. "Shelly go away. Just leave her alone." Trevor walks up and pulls me away from her as he leads me to where Dennis and Luke are standing.  "We're just having some fun Trevor no reason to get butt hurt." Sam says standing up to Trevor. "Sam back the fuck off right now." He states angrily. "Or what?" Sam pushes his chest. "She can fight her own battles Trevor. Shes a big girl. She has to learn someway." Shelly tries to defuse the fight.  I take a step towards them ignoring Dennis and Luke who are trying to pull me away from them. 

      "Look the little loser is trying to stand up." Shelly jokes and I roll my eyes at her. "I can stand up for myself." I say as I grab Trevor's hand and pull him away. "Really? Doesn't seem like it." She says grabbing my shoulder. "Don't touch me again. I have no problem standing up for myself just not to an idiot who doesn't know what shes talking about." I state and she rolls her eyes. "I know more then you think. I know that your dads in jail for child abuse. How does it feel to know that your mother left you and that your dad never loved you." She continues smirking and I see Trevor try to pull me away again but I shrug him off. "Thats not all my dads in jail for. You should go get your facts straight." I say and turn to walk away but like before she stops me. 

      "Then whys he in jail?" She asks and I can't help but look at the group of students staring at us. "You really wanna know?" She nods smirking. "Kelsey don't. You don't have anything to prove."Trevor begs me. I look at him. "I know." I look back at her. "My dads in jail for drug possession, child abuse and solitlication of a minor." I state and she freezes as does everyone. "What? Do you really have nothing to say? My dad used to hit my mother and she left which led to her dying in a car accident with me present. My dad used to hit me until I was 11 or so and then his friends took turns raping me. So again Do you have anything you want to say?" I say angrily and I see her face pale. "Thats what I thought. Maybe next time when you try to hurt someone make sure you get all your facts straight." I say and turn walking out of the school calling my Uncle to pick me up.    

    Trevor's POV

      I watch as Kelsey walks away after telling basically the whole school her past. "How do you feel now Shelly? Huh? I hope you feel good about yourself." I say as I turn to walk away she stops me. "I didn't know." She explains. "Just because you didn't know doesn't mean that its ok to treat someone like that. It could have gone alot worse and you should feel guilty about that." "Trevor stop. Don't act like your better. You made a bet about her." Sam says. "I never said I was better. I know I screwed up and now I'm paying for it. Trust me, ever since I met her I've felt guilty about how I use to treat people. The people I used to bully I will always feel guilty for it. But I can make sure I never treat anyone like that again." I say honestly. I turn to walk away walking out the school after Kelsey followed by the popular group. 

      "Kelsey wait!" I yell as I run out seeing her standing alone on the side walk. "What do you want?" She snaps. "I'm sorry. I don't know how to fix this." I feel my heart breaking as I see tears run down her face. "You can't fix this. We're over and I don't know if I'll ever be able to get over it." She motions between us. "Please. I'll do anything. I can change just don't leave. Please don't leave me." I plead as her Uncle's car pulls up and he steps out and I hear gasps from the popular group. I forgot they didn't know who her Uncle was. "Kels are you ok?" He asks pulling her into a hug. "I just want to go." She says quietly but I understand every word. He nods and grabs her bag as she turns to me. "I'm sorry Kels." I say for the thousandth time. "I know and I'm sorry too." She hugs me and I can't help but hug her back tighter not wanting to let go. I let her ago as she pulls away and see her get in the car driving off as I freeze in my spot.