Part 22

THE DAY OF THE BIG GAME

  Trevor's POV

    I wake having a bad feeling in my stomach but ignore it smiling thinking about the past week, as its been a week since Kelsey and I have said I love you to each other and nothing could be better. Dennis hasn't talked to me recently since he found out about the bet, Sam and Luke are still there and I have won the bet, but we promised never to mention it again. I get dressed and head downstairs for breakfast. I enter the kitchen seeing my mother and father sitting at the table and a plate for me. 

     "You excited for the big game tonight?" My mom asks me as I sit down. "Honestly, I'm a little nervous." I state honestly. "You'll do great." Dad pats my back. "No pressure." I mumble quietly.  "Is Kelsey gonna be there?" They ask me. "Yes, she'll be watching the game with her Uncle." "You two going out after the game?" "I'll have to see with her. She might be tired of me." We all laugh/ "Shes a great girl." Mom says and I nod agreeing with her. "I agree don't screw it up." My dad points at me. "I'll try not too." I say leaving to pick Kelsey up for school. 

     Kelsey's POV

     I'll see you at the game after school right?" My Uncle asks as I walk downstairs grabbing an apple before Trevor picks me up. "Yes. I think after the game Trevor and I are gonna go out to celebrate, if thats ok with you." I say nervously. "You never know they might los-" I place my hand over his mouth. "Don't say that, Trevor is nervous enough." I say hearing the door bell. 

     "Good morning babe." He says as I get in the car leaning over to kiss him. "Good morning." "I like your shirt." He smirks and I look down to see his jersey. "Well I have to support my man, don't I?" I tease him. "Yes you do." He says as he pulls onto the road heading to school. 

TIME SKIP

       I was placing my books in my bag after class when Shelly and her group come waltzing in. "Look who it is?" She says and I roll my eyes ignoring her. "Hey loser. I'm talking to you." She keeps talking. "What do you want Shelly?" I ask annoyed. "I just wanted to apologize." She smirks. "You apologize? Thats funny." I grab my bag trying to walk past her. "I am tho." She states and I turn to look at her. "Ok. All forgiven. Now if you'll excuse me I have a gme to watcha nd I would like to wish Trevor good luck before." "Wait you two are still together?" She and her friends laugh. "Yes. Why?" I ask curiously. "I thought you two broke up, or is he doing that after the game." 

        "Why would we break up?" "You don't know." They continue laughing. "Shelly you are starting to be more annoying then usual. Just tell me." "Ok. Trevor and his friends made a bet and you were it." She states. "What are you talking about?" "God you really are dumb." She sighs. "Sam didn't think Trevor could get you to fall in love with him before this game. But I guess Sam shouldn't underestimate Trevor." She states smirking. "I have to go." I ignore their laughs as I run to the fields to find out the truth. 

     I see Trevor and his friends outside the gym talking. He smiles walking towards me as he spots me. "Hey babe." He says pulling me towards him but I push him away. "Whats wrong?" He sounds concerned but I can't believe him. "Tell me its not true." He looks confused. "What are you talking about?" He asks again and I can't help but notice the crowd begging to form around us. "The bet." His face pales as he looks behind me to see Shelly.

   "Kels-" He says. "Is it true or not?" I ask sternly. "You have to know-" "It it true or not! ANSWER!" I shout and he flinches. "Yes. Bu-" "Don't. Don't talk to me ever again." I turn to leave as he grabs my hand. "Kels-" I rip my hand away and slap him. "Stop!" "I love you-" "No you don't. You love winning. You played me and I trusted you." "Kelsey please" He reaches out for me again. "Watch out Trevor, her dad might have taught her something considering hes in jail." Shelly says and I freeze. "How could you?" I turn to look him in the eyes. "Bab-" "Don't call me that. I knew I shouldn't have trusted you. Good luck at your game. I hope you get another win. We both know how much you love to win." I say throwing his jersey at him as it leaves me in a blue tank top.  run off ignoring him calling after me. 

      I get home seeing the texts from my Uncle who is at the game looking for me and the 10 missed calls and 20 texts from Trevor. I text my Uncle a message and walk into the bathroom looking at myself in the mirror. 

    'You should have died with your mother.' 'You are a waste of space.' 'Your a loser.' 'No one would miss you if you disappeared.' I hear all the voices and before I know it I realize I have a handful of anti-depressants. Ignoring my phone ringing I take the pills and close my eyes. 

     Trevor's POV

       "Damn." 'Shit" I hear everyone say as I grab my jersey from the ground. "Dude you can fix it later. Come on we have a game." Luke pats my back as we rush to the field. As the game begins I can't help but see Kelsey's Uncle on the phone and then he rushes off. I can't help but feel like the worst person in the world. 

     "Congratulations Son." My mother and father tell me as we meet after the game. I look at my phone seeing no messages from Kelsey. "Wheres Kelsey?" "Yeah, I thought you said she was gonna be here with her Uncle." My parents ask me as my friends show up to talk. My dad leaves as his phone rings and my mom and I can't help but notice how his face went from happy to sad and worried in one minute. He hangs up and joins us again. 

     "Whats wrong?" My mom asks. "That was Mark." He answers. "Oh Is he ok? We didn't see him." He doesn't say anything. "What is it dad?" I ask. "Kelseys in the hospital." He says. "What?" Mom asks. "She tried to overdose." He says and I can't help but freeze as I realize I was the reason.  Dad drives us to the hospital to see her.