UM: Chap 40

More than his life

I don't know how many times I watched our proposal video over and over again. And I didn't know that there were a paid videographer who took a video of us last night.

"Until when are you going to watch that video, Lissandra?" Jackson asked me with a hint of amusement on his eyes. He kissed the back of my hand while he's driving on our way to his penthouse.

"Mommy, both of you looked so happy on that photo. . . and daddy too! You looked so in love with each other on that video," Jacreio commented while sitting at the backseat.

I smiled. "We really are," pagsang-ayon ko sa sinabi ng anak ko.

I raised my hand with the ring on it and stared at it again.

"I really love the ring that you gave me. Ang ganda niya. I can't still move on from it," I mumbled.

Ang singsing ay may diamond sa gitna at may maliliit na bato na nakapalibot sa ring ng singsing. Hindi pa kasali ang maliliit din nitong mga bato sa palibot ng diamond na nasa gitna nito.

I turned to Jackson. "How much is this? I know that this costed you a million or more," I said.

He shrugged and smiled. "You deserved the price of that ring. I don't care about how expensive things are as long as it is for you."

I smiled widely. "Talaga ba? Baka naman ginagawa mo rin 'to sa ibang mga babae mo dati?" I kidded and I saw how a frown etched on his face.

Jackson glanced at me and hissed. "Bakit ko naman sila gagastusan? I only spend my money for beers and cigarettes on the girls I hanged out before. Kapag humihingi na sila sa akin ng pera, iniiwan ko na agad sila."

I glared and frowned at him. "You really need to say all of these things to me?"

His brow shot up and smirked. "Why not? At least I am not keeping anything from you. Even from my past."

I rolled my eyes and looked at our son on the backseat who was just busy playing games on his iPad.

"How many girls have you dated before?" I curiously asked.

He looked up for a second. Mas lalo akong napasimangot ng parang nagbibilang pa talaga siya dahil sobrang dami ata.

"Twenty or twenty three? I don't really remember anymore but I think twenty three talaga, hindi pa kasama ang flings," napataas ako ng kilay.

"Talagang may pa-sobra ka pang tatlo ha. Eh how many girlfriends did u have before?"

He laughed. "Five out of twenty three lang."

"Who are they?" pagtatanong ko pa.

"Honestly, I don't remember them all now. Ang tagal na no'n, Lissandra," sabay tawa niya at umiling-iling.

"Just tell me that you just want me not to search for them on social medias," I replied and looked outside my window.

"Teka lang, Lissandra. I just proposed to you last night. Baka dahil sa exes ko, umurong ka bigla sa akin."

I pulled out my hand from his hold and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Lily. . ." he reached for my hand and intertwined it again.

He gasped. "I was just being honest with you, I don't know what my exes' names are."

Tumango lang ako.

I heard him sighed.

"We'll fix it when we got home."

Home.