UM: Chap 10

Ghost

"Lily? Are you inside?" narinig ko si Mommy sa labas ng kwarto ko at nakatok. I turned off my television and went off my bed.

I opened the door and it's Mommy with her dazzling gown was in front of me. Nakaayos siya ngayon. So.. anong meron?

"Hey, Mom. Why?"

She smiled at me and motioned our maid that's on the side pala. She's holding a navy blue off-shoulder tight gown with a slits and a long neckline that was hang on a hanger.

On the other maid's hand was box of jewelry as well as my stilletos for tonight.

Kumunot ang noo ko. "What am I going to do with this mom?" sabay turo ko sa dala ng kasambahay namin.

"We're going to your uncle's birthday, Lily. Go and dress up. She's gonna help you inside," referring to the maid on the side who was just smiling at me.

"Oh. Thanks for the help, Mom. But.. I can do it by myself. Let me take that," inabot sa akin ang gown, jewelry box and stilletos ko.

I smiled at the maid and thanked her. She just nodded and smiled back. Such a sweet girl.

"So, a car will park downstairs after an hour. Your Dad and I will go on the event place first. Tag along with your brother. Okay?" I nodded kahit ayaw ko talaga makasabay si Kuya sa iisang kotse. My mother kissed both of my cheeks before walking down the stairs with the maid.

I sighed and just go back inside as I started to prepare for tonight.

(◍•ᴗ•◍)

"Wow, you looked dashing tonight, Lily," hind ko na pinansin si Kuya at nauna ng pumasok sa car. He followed after me and closed the door.

"Let's go," my brother told the driver.

I put my clutch on my side. I looked outside the window, ignoring Kuya Liam. I still can't move on with my brother who shouted at me. I know it's just a petty thing for the others and let it slide but I still can't believe he would do that to me. I mean, he never shouted at me ever since. Ngayon lang na nandito na si Jackson. Maybe he influenced Kuya Liam?

Tsk. A scumbag will be always a scumbag anyways.

"Lily. I'm sorry."

"Don't talk to me, Kuya. I'm not in the mood right now."

He sighed and just looked outside the window as well.

Flashes from the camera immediately irritated my eyes as soon as we stepped out of the car. My brother offered his arm on me and I had nothing to do but to clung my hand on his arm. I forcely smiled on the way inside of the venue That's why I hated parties like this.

"You looked gorgeous Ms. Sortalle!" I smiled at the guy with a camera. I like guys like him. He's just being honest.

We got a lot of compliments for me and my brother before we finally entered the venue.

"Where are they?" I asked my brother.

He roamed around until he pointed a table where my parents are. I nodded.

"Let's go."

When we reached our table, I kissed my Mom's cheeks but I just ignored my Dad because I know that he'll just snobbed me.

It's been minutes here and we are just greeting some guests that my parents probably know. I don't want to be here actually. I am just scared that my Dad will be mad at me if I wouldn't. Besides, it's my Uncle's birthday today so.. that's why I'm here. Sitting pretty on my chair.