Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Recap

Swirls of light surrounded my enemy and he tried manoeuvring his way out of them but even the slightest touch would give third-degree burn wounds. I, myself had gotten burned a few times just by practising this technique.

The rays of light constricted around the enemy like a boa constrictor snake, it's coiling tail gliding across Hiroshi's body and burning any visible part of his skin. I could smell the putrid stench of burning flesh and wounds. But nothing would deter me now, not when I finally got the chance to defeat him.

"It's over Hiroshi!" I all but screamed out into the silence of the room.

X~Story Start~X

The light receded and Shiro informed me that I could reopen my eyes, but I couldn't do it yet. The smell in the room was enough to tell me what had happened to the enemy and for some reason, I just didn't dare to look. But I had to; this was the man that had ruined my life, all for the sake of revenge. I had to look at him, for myself and for everyone else that had suffered at his hands - to clear up the past.

Sucking in a deep breath and stealing my nerves, I slowly peaked my eyes open. The first thing I noticed was that Kakashi and Sasuke were finished with their fights. The two were currently scanning their injuries and finding nothing too bad, glanced towards me. I smiled, happy that the two were safe.

Turning away, I searched for Hiroshi's body, finding it on the ground not too far away.

My footsteps were purposely slow and my breathing came out in fast pants, the pressure of the situation making everything more stressful. Hiroshi's body was still, steam rising here and there from the burns caused by my Jutsu.

After many antagonizing steps I finally arrived at the destination.

Hiroshi lay face down upon the gravel, his hair fanned out around his body like a curtain. His clothes had been singed, barely anything having survived the attack. A tattoo on his lower back caught my attention; it reminded me of my own tattoo. But before I could ponder on that any longer, a hand lay upon shoulder.

I glanced over my shoulder to see Kakashi. His eyes crinkled from the stress of his fight. "I think it's finally over". I sighed, not truly believing it could be finished. That Hiroshi could so easily be taken down... I definitely expected him to arise once again. 'If i may say, i didn't find that an easy win'. Shiro chuckled, exhausted. I would agree with her, but it really didn't feel like it took too much to take him down. Everything went by in a flash, the fight with Maki, the fight with Toshi and then the final battle against Hiroshi.

"We should head out and find the others" Kakashi ushered as Sasuke finally made his way over, a few bruises and scratches here and there but in all, looking fine.

"Looking as alive and well as ever." I teased him, getting the exact reaction i'd expected to get: "Hn."

The two ninja turned to leave, but I stayed behind. I still had an unfinished mission after all. Turning away from my sensei and teammate, I snuck a glance at Maki's motionless body.

"You guys go on ahead, i'll catch up in a bit." I called after them, hoping they'd leave me for a bit. I didn't know what was going to happen and as such would rather have no one watching me. Kakashi gave a curt nod, looking slightly worried. No further sounds were made as the two left the building.

I made my way over to my dead sister's body, hopefull that maybe, just maybe, she'd survived. Alas, my nightmare was reality, she really was dead. 'I never expected her to be alive. If i had known...'

'I know milday. Don't blame yourself. It was all part of Hiroshi's plan.'

'I still killed her... but that doesn't mean i can't at least try to bring her back.'