Chapter 23

Chapter 23

*Yawn!*

I stretched my arms as I sat up in the bed and threw the covers off of me. Ino and Hinata's soft breathing was the only thing you could possibly here, that and the birds which were currently chirping outside the window.

'Morning Shiro' I greeted as I stood up from the comfort of my bed and walked over towards the bathroom. 'Morning Lady Cael, how was your sleep' 'Didn't get much of it, i'll tell you that' I replied back with an eye roll. 'You were thinking about what happened at the hot springs yesterday, were you not?" I nodded as I splashed some water in my face, getting rid of any left over sleep.

'I couldn't not think about it. That 'beast'.. why did it only attack me?' That question has been on my mind throughout the night and there was only one answer which is possible. 'You don't think-' 'Oh, I know. That Kotaro guy.. he must have sent it, either that, or 'they' found me' Shiro sighed to herself, processing what she had just been informed.

I got changed into my usual outfit, placing my weapons pouch on my hip and my kunai holster on my right thigh. After brushing my hair, I walked back into the bedroom, only to find the other two already awake. "You two should get changed, we're leaving in a short while" I stated with a smirk as I opened the door to the room and walked out.

I strolled into the room beside Kotaro's office and sat down on the sofa, awaiting the arrival of my many teammates. Kakashi was the first to come in and as soon as he saw my small figure, sitting talk still, he sat besides me. "Your in the Bingo Book" My eyes widened at his sudden announcement. I turned to face him and raised an eyebrow. "Why do you say that?" "Yesterday, after you left the room in a huff, Kotaro remembered where he saw you from.. I've also always thought i'd seen you somehwere. But, I didn't think you were 'her'" I pinched the bridge of my nose "He's just creating more trouble for me.. jerk" I muttered to myself under my breath.

"How'd someone of your age and innocence become a wanted ninja?" I stared at him with a small smile "Innocence.. that is something I'm not Kakashi" He was about to question me, when the door swung open and in came Guy. I waved and greeted him with a small "Morning"

When Guy saw me, he rushed over and knelt in front of me with a worried look. "How're you feeling? Are you in pain anywhere? Do you want me to carry you today? What-" I placed my hand over his mouth and sighed deeply "I didn't tell you what I told you so you could worry about me like this. It's natural and I want you to treat me the same as everyone else, ok?" When I took my hand away from his mouth, he frowned. Nonetheless, he listened to my request, however reluctant it was.

I turned back to Kakashi "..Do you also know?" He nodded with a frown "Why didn't you tell me first? I am your sensei" I shrugged my shoulders "It didn't really matter, it was my not your burden to carry" "Not my burden?" He growled angrily. All of the others then came in. "Guy-sensei? What's going on?" Lee asked. Guy pushed him back and he took a few step backs himself, shaking his head. He told them to be quiet with a finger to his lips.

I sighed and stood up "That's right, it has nothing to do with you. Now lets leave this alone and never talk about it again" I began walking away, when a hand was placed on my shoulder, stopping me from doing so. I rose an eyebrow at the fuming Kakashi. "What? I thought we had a mission to get to" "Ca-Suki, we'll talk about this later" I shook my head and began walking again.

Ino came up to me with a concerned look "What was that all about, Suki?" I smiled half-heartedly. "Nothing, lets just go" I pulled the door open and walked out, only to smash into someones chest. I shut my eyes as I began falling back, awaiting the impact of the cold ground. But someones arms wrapped around my waist, keeping me from doing so.