Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Recap

A single word passed through Hiroshi's lips as he twisted his neck (seemingly painful for him in his current state) and stared at the spiky red-haired man in shock. He surely had no idea that his most trusted right-hand man would dare go against him. I was also sure that Toshi would never even dare to speak ill about his master behind his back... but, sometimes even I am wrong.

He couldn't even breath anymore from being without a heart; I don't even know how he didn't drop dead the moment the blood-pumping organ was pulled from his body. The kunai that was still in his hand, though the grip had loosened so much that it began to slip towards the ground. The moment the metal met with the cold hard floor, a 'cling' rang throughout the silence that had hung in the room at the same time Hiroshi left this world...

"W-Why?"

X~Story Start~X

I watched painfully as the now lifeless body of Hiroshi - My most fearsome enemy - fell from the arm of Toshi, the only thing that was holding him up, and onto the smaller form of my own. I felt the weight of him pin me down as well as the arms of Maki that were holding me down, leave - now, I was in an even more uncomfortable position with my arms still crossed behind my back which was forced against the murky tiles of the building by the cold body on top of me.

My eyes glazed over as glassy crimson red stared down of me; the heat of the raven-haired man began to remove itself on its own accord as well as the already pale colour leaving his skin - It felt disgusting to even look at the man like this, let alone touch him. He had been my enemy for so many years now, and never have i been able to catch him off guard or kill him; while Toshi had merely stabbed him in the back while he wasn't looking. Was it really that simple? No, it couldn't have been...

This was Hiroshi I was thinking about. 

Shaking myself out of my thoughts as I noticed Maki moving over towards Toshi's side, I mustered up the correct amount of strength and pushed the cold, hardening body off of my own and onto the floor. I watched, my nose scrunched up and my eyebrows furrowed, as he rolled across the ground until slowing to a stop against a piece of rock that had come up from the ground during Maki and my fight.

I stood to my feet, albeit slightly shakily and let my gaze shift from Hiroshi's body and back over to the person who had caused his life to depart from the world it had been living in for god knows how long.

I had never found out from the documents from my village how old the evil dragon really was, but from what Shiro had told me about him from her time when they were both living in the dragons' village together, he was surely over 100 years in the least.

Scanning Toshi over, I finally cleared my throat and pushed away the bad feeling that was overcoming me, before asking what was on my mind since the moment I realised that it was his hand that had gone through Hiroshi's chest.

"Why?" Relief washed over me when I realized that my voice came out strong, that I was able to keep my anger in check (for the moment at least). Anger coming from watching the red-haired man in front of me betray the man that he had worked for for the past god knows how many years.

Toshi gave me a confused look and I clenched my fist at his obliviousness. 

"Why did you kill him? Why did you betray him when you have followed after him for so long?!" I repeated, although in much more detail then I wanted to; it seemed my anger just couldn't be held onto for much longer. I was someone who cared about family and friends and I couldn't help but pity Hiroshi (the fool and bastard he was) for trusting him.