Aphrodite

"You do realize that's the stupidest plan I've ever heard? This is not a coming of age movie where the two main characters get locked in a closet until they make up."

Bailee moved her hands down her face, wiping the sweat off of her forehead and groaning. She looked up at the sun in the middle of the sky outside John B's house.

It was the day after the argument, and Bailee was being told the plan John B came up with. After awakening from a night of sleeping on the hammock with JJ, Bailee immediately wanted to hear the idea she'd be apart of.

She had woken up late for her normal time at ten in the morning, the clock nearing twelve when she had awoken. By the time Bailee had grabbed a piece of day-before-molding bread and sat out on the porch with the rest after changing, it had been one.

JJ and John B shared eye contact before speaking.

Pope had gone to help with deliveries that day, so he wouldn't be free to help with the plan until later. Luckily, he was only the getaway driver and wasn't needed on the boat.

"Look, it'll work. We just need you to get Sarah around six, we'll stay on the boat for a few, and then Pope will show up with Kie. No stress."

Bailee blinked dramatically at John B and, taking a deep breath, took a long drink of beer.

"Booker, you are the dumbest person I have ever met if you think I'm sitting on a boat with you and Sarah making out for two hours." She turned to JJ, a devious grin on her face. "JJ's coming with me."

"What? Hey, I didn't agree with this. This is not my problem."

"It is your problem if you want to take over cooking all by yourself tonight." JJ was silent at Bailee's words before sighed and nodded. "Great! Thanks!"

"Wait, B, you can cook?" John B cocked his head in confusion.

Bailee nodded, taking a small sip of her drink before she spoke. "Yeah, my mom taught me a bunch of old recipes I still have. I was actually gonna have everyone over at my aunt's tonight because she's leaving in an hour, but I guess we'll count the other two out."

"Did I hear correctly? The Bailee Walker is inviting us into her Kookiest of Kooks house to make actual food for us?" John B bumped her shoulder playfully.

"Shit, I forgot you guys haven't been there." Bailee furrowed her eyebrows before snapping her fingers together. "Since we'll be on the boat, wear a swimsuit. We're going night swimmin' in the land of Kooks, boys."

JJ pumped his fist in the air. "Hell yeah! We can pick Kie and Sarah up in the morning."

"That means we have to leave food." John B groaned.

"Were you planning on starving your girlfriend? Yes, we're going to give them food and water."

"They're surrounded by water, Bails."

"JJ, do you want to drink that water?" Bailee turned to him when he didn't answer, his mouth hanging open to make a comeback with nothing flowing out. "Exactly."

Bailee turned to John B, who was trying to balance a can on his head as JJ and Bailee were talking. When he had his eyes closed, she blew the can over. The can toppled off of his forehead and his eyes shot open to see JJ and Bailee cackling.

"Asshole."

She laughed at John B, bumping his shoulder. Bailee reached into her small front pocket of shorts to grab a piece of gum. When she realized it wasn't there, she internally kicked herself.

"Oh, hush loverboy." Bailee stood up, adjusting her shorts so that they were sitting on her hips. "I'll be right back, I left my gum in my car."

She walked out of the room, JJ's eyes watching her leave. As soon as she was out of hearing range, John B turned to JJ.