Pogue Style

Two weeks later, Bailee was having the time of her life with the new group of friends. She was seated on the railing of a deck while John B was standing on the roof of a nearly built house. Pope was playing with construction equipment and having a conversation with JJ, who was drinking a beer by the railing of the house. Bailee could see Kiara in the house a offing at a building plan as she took a fast sip of JJ's beer before he noticed.

"That's what, a three-story fall to the deck? I give you about a one-in-three chance of survival." Pope looked between John B and Bailee who both only had one foot on the actual structure.

"Hm." John B stuck his finger in his mouth before pretending to test the wind with it. "Should I do it?"

"I'll do it if you do, I've got an ocean under me," Bailee replied before taking another drink of the canned beer JJ had brought. She gagged a bit in disgust, as Bud light was not her preferred, but nevertheless took another sip.

"Yeah, you should jump! I'll shoot you on the way down." Pope pointed the drill he held at John B. "And JJ would probably die if you did, so..."

"Hey," JJ mocked a hurt expression, "I wouldn't just let Bails jump without me! Who would roll the best blunts?"

Bailee shook her head, "JJ, we all know I'm the bigger pothead. You have some catching up to do." She winked before jumping off the railing onto the scaffolding and placing her beer down on the sanded piece of wood next to her.

"They're gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers." Kie exited the house to where the rest of the group was, a look of disgust clear on her face.

"Of course they would, why wouldn't they?" JJ rolled his eyes.

"This used to be a turtle habitat, but who cares about the turtles, I guess?" Kie looked up at John B, rolling her eyes at his stupidity as he hung one foot off the edge of the roof.

"I can't have cold towels," JJ said as he chugged the last bit of Bailee's beer.

"Cold towels will be waiting for you in the flaming pits of hell if you finish that beer, JJ." Bailee slapped the boy on the shoulder after he finished it off beer, giving her a toothy grin she giggled at.

"If the pits are flaming, how will my towels be cold?" JJ asked, which earned a flick on the forehead.

"Can you please not kill yourself?" Kie looked up at John B on the roof.

"Don't spill that beer! I'm not giving you another one."

JJ squinted at the boy before placing an arm around Bailee's shoulder and put his hand where her stick-n-poke he had given her was.

"Woah- Oh, shit." John B lost his balance as the beer flew down and spilled onto the floor.

"Of course you did, like right after I said it."

"If you die, I call all of your tropical shirts."

"Smooth."

"Dumbass."

Pope looked at the ground while the others were insulting John B's balancing skills. "Hey, uh, security's here. Let's wrap it up?"

"Humpty Dumpty, let's roll!" JJ yelled as he and Bailee started running.

"JJ, is that Gary? Hey Gary! You have some more handcuffs?" Bailee waved her middle finger up at the officer yelling at them.

"Gary! I missed you, buddy!" JJ laughed as he jumped down from above.

"You know it's me!" The officer yelled from below, sprinting up the steps of the house to the first floor.

"Yeah, you're just askin' for it," Kie said before the five of them took off down the stairs of the unfinished house. "Let's go, people!"